Poll: Your go-to glass for Napa cabs?

What is your go-to glass for Napa Cabs?

• Zalto Universal
  • Zalto (other, specify in comments)
  • Gabriel Glas
  • Schott Zweisel (specify in comments)
  • Other (specify in comments)

0 voters

Looking to upgrade our glass inventory from our current Riedel Ouvertures to possibly achieve a more complete enjoyment of Napa cabs. The criteria of bringing out the wine in an excellent way while also being lead-free and dishwasher safe produce a number of seemingly great options.

Zaltos get many positive mentions here, while Gabriel Glas appears to merit consideration as well. A board search brings up several threads from the past couple of years (and for many different wine types), but I thought it would be worth getting a read on the present - What do you all happen to prefer these days? You can choose more than one if you have more than one favorite.

Huge fan of the Gabriel Glas. Highly, highly recommend it.

I have the Gabriel Glas, Zalto Bordeaux, and Riedel Bordeaux Somellier, and I pretty much reach for the Gabriel Glas every time (for cabs and essentially all wines).

Best overall “feel”, and I find it excentuates the aromatics more so than the other glasses (and yes, I’ve done plenty of side by side comparisons).

All IMHO of course.

Riedel Bordeaux Sommelier for special wines.

I have a couple of baccarat Bordeaux glasses I really like also because the glass is a little thicker.

Waterford Robert Mondavi Bordeaux glasses. The Cabernet Sauvignon’s opening (mouth) is too big.

For me: Best glass ever.
mi-waterford-robert-mondavi-bordeaux-pair-142671.jpg

Zalto Bordeaux for me.

Schott Zwiesel Fortissimo Bordeaux

Love both the Zalto Univeral and Gabriel Glas Gold, but if I could only choose one it would be the GGG.

Which model of Gabriel Glas do you guys have?

Gabriel Glas Gold.

I actually have the machine blown as well, which I probably would have loved on its own…but it’s no contest next to the gold/hand blown.

Do love the machine blown when I have guests though.

to possibly achieve a more complete enjoyment of Napa cabs

I use whatever glass is in front of the cupboard.

Maybe that’s why I haven’t reached a state of pure happiness.

Yes, please switch glasses and find nirvana. I bet if we both achieve Cabernet Zen we’ll be less blunt when we post. [cheers.gif]

I drink my Cabernet in Burgundy stemware for the most part; I just prefer them. They might be Riedel, Schott‎ Zwiesel or Zalto. A I also like the Schott‎ Zwiesel Old and Mature for older wines.

Schott Zwiesel Tritan Crystal Glass Stemware Cru Classic Collection Bordeaux

Nachtmann Vivendi XXL

+1

Zalto BDX - for everything

Riedel Vinum Bordeaux. Have had them for a number of years.

Riedel Vinum Bordeaux/Cabernet.

Riedel Vinum Bordeaux/Cabernet here, too.

JD

Riedel Vinum here as well.