What is your favorite wine magazine?

Curious to know what others think about the various wine magazines.

• Decanter
  • Wine Enthusiast
  • Wine Spectator
  • Wine & Spirits
  • Food & Wine
  • I prefer drinking over reading

0 voters

Curious to know what others think about the various wine magazines.

Mine is View From the Cellar but it isn’t listed :frowning:

Neither it Brett Favre :frowning:

Wine & Spirits is my easy choice. When I read a wine magazine, I want to learn something from it; rather than
just read a endless stream of wine reviews (“drinking from the firehose of wine scores” as JonBonne terms it).
W&S has some very good writers (like DavidDarlington & PatrickComisky) who are very educational.
Tom

Mine also is A View from the Cellar. Frankly, most of the ones listed seem like more glossy publications for beginners. Of the ones listed, my favorite probably is Decanter, but you should include The Wine Advocate, Burghound, Vineous, etc.

And mine is The World of Fine Wine, but it isn’t listed, either.

Great, great publication

You should have listed at least “others” as a choice … [oops.gif]

Ditto.

The World of Fine Wine - too bad it’s not there, as it would be a landslide. :wink:

None.

Noble rot

Mine is Wine Spectator. I am not worried about the reviews, I just like the feature stories about wine regions, wineries, or people of interest.

World of Fine Wine, here, too.

Can I vote for the worst…Wine Enthusiast?

Whichever one tells me what is the must have fractional-ownership private jet and Tommy Bahama ugly shirt of the season.

I’ve never read Wine Enthusiast, but they certainly have the worst of the widely-available TNs you see around.

Punthouse [wink.gif]

Hustler has better articles on Rudy, Hardy & Gil. [cheers.gif]

+1

I will admit that the range of topics and regions are not as broad as 15 years ago, but I love the writing style more now. I also miss Wine News.

Trying to modify my post to include the others people have suggested. But can’t figure out how to edit the damn poll!

None of the above.