What is your favorite wine magazine?

This.

Almost none of the publications spend any real amount of time on tasting and research of their own. Especially not in places not called Burgundy or Bordeaux.

In the end though, whether it’s World of Fine Wine, Wine Spectator, or Wine & Spirits there’s too much coverage of charisma and story, while not nearly enough time spent being a student of the different regions and seeing the wines over time.

I would like to nominate the International Wine Review.

It’s more of a newsletter,but they do a fine job.

But the reader submitted tasting notes in Punthouse are very creative if not totally unbelievable. [cheers.gif]

+1

+1

Yes, there’s absolutely no competition.

I’m surprised it wasn’t a landslide for the last option. So many wine publications are aimed at either relatively new but enthusiastic newcomers, or for those that don’t really want to get too much into wine, but want a reliable safety net. It’s easy to see the failings over time.

There were few wine columns / features that remain memorable, though I did enjoy (Velme Henkel?) covering Aussie wine history in Winestate - she was a very good columnist in an area with plenty of good material for her to work with.

I think it is an odd choice for the stated question. If I was asked whether Id rather read about wine or drink it, then, well…

But it asked me which magazine I like to read best. “I don’t read them” might have been a more logical last choice.

+1 Thinking about adding Noble Rot too

Those are the two I read.

Also “The World of Fine Wine.”