Turley Hayne Vineyard Petite Sirah

Are these worth the $90 ish cost ?

Steep for any PS. I remember buying the '07 Library PS for like $50 and thought that was high.

Maybe try this

Brian sure is big spread amongst Parker and WS and in between Galloni.

Never bought one. I usually get the library or pesenti PS.

Well, if I remember right, they aren’t making any more of it, so maybe it’s a get it while you can kind of wine.

Is Turley no longer making the Hayne PS, or is PS being pulled out of Hayne? Just curious.

Should be interesting if that has any effect to price. The prices are noticeably sliding in the secondary market for Turley in general - not a bad as Pax, but either production is up or it’s not sought-after like it used to be.

From my understanding, all of the Zin and PS was pulled at Hayne. The land is too valuable to not be producing Cab.

Carlisle is still making zin from Hayne, no?

Not true. Beckstoffer bought a parcel of Hayne, pulled up the vines, planted Cab and called it Bourne Vnyd. The Haynes still farm the rest of it.

North of Sulphur Springs and South of Crane Ave is Hayne. The red box is Bourne.

–removed errant info–

That’s good news - I was under the impression that it was all pulled. Is there any info on what varieties remain?

NOOOOooooooooooooooooo!!!

Zinfandel and Petite Sirah are still there. Mostly Zinfandel. The Bourn Vineyard was all Petite Sirah planted by Ottie Hayne in 1952. Now all Cabernet Sauvignon.

Because the world needs more overripe Cabernet…

Obviously!

Add tax and shipping and its closer to 90

I hate to say it, but both the Hayne Petite and Zin are both most notable for their grace and textural quality. They are unlike anything else in the Turley portfolio. While I don’t condone the ripping up of old vines, I don’t think Zin or Pets maximizes the potential of this plot of dirt all that well. David is right, the world needs another Napa cab like a hole in the head - that said, cab seems the best conduit for this site. Maybe they need to go all Scholium and bud Hayne over to Gwertz or something? (got nothing)

I thought that the Library Vineyard was owned by the city of St. Helena? When did this transaction take place?