Turley Hayne Vineyard Petite Sirah

I had read about Library and Turley losing it due to Beckstoffer a few years back. I also remember the vineyard tour when we were told that the Cityof St Helena owned it. Perhaps what I read was supposed to be about Hayne but was mis-represented. Glad to remove the errant info. Thanks Mike!

Agree on all points, though I don’t think you need to buy the Hayne PS off the list. It is wonderful, but does not appreciate. You should be able to find it with some age and within $10 of list price ($75) without a problem. That’s helpful since it’s a brick for 8-10 years minimum.

The others are almost as good, for much less. They are tough to get in quantity on the list—I’m offered between 7-8 cases a year, but only get 6-8 non-Hayne PS. Library, Pesenti, Rattlesnake and the Estate PS can be had reasonably at places like Hart Davis, but you will pay a premium–at least $25-30.

All Turley PS will age well. Hayne will last the longest.

At least the 2013 Turley lineup still includes a Library Petite.

Tim, Library Vineyard (vines planted between 1880 and 1920 and interplanted with Peloursin, Cinsault, Syrah, Mission, Alicante Bouschet, Grand Noir, Carignan, Grenache, Zinfandel and a few white varieties) is still owned by the City of St. Helena and is still under long-term lease to Turley. It should remain in the line-up until further notice!

In my opinion*, this $42 Petite blend (AG 93-95) is a distinctive gem and a screaming deal. They tend to age beautifully.

*Tegan is a friend and a non-profit colleague

Was fortunate to have the 1999 Turley PS Hayne in July and it was sublime.

Generally I have trouble at this price point, but I went for the 2013 Hayne PS since I think it will be one for the ages. Opened a 2001 last year or the year before and it was amazing.

Whew (we need a wiping-sweat-off-brow emoticon). Totally agree. The challenge is keeping ones hands off them while they age, but at least they can be back-filled–I actually just ordered two Library PS–an '01 and '02.

What is the story on Hayne? I had heard '12 would be it, but that’s at least not the case. Is that safe, too?