2003 red burgundy - which one are you keeping for 50years?

I tried the 2003 Vogue Musigny upon release and once since - it has a cola character which I detest.

Some burgundy fiends of mine reckon in 50 years time the 2003 will be like a 1947 freak wine.

I have one bottle of the Frere Sour “musigni” for 50 years time and my mate has a 2003 Vogue Musigny.

Which one are you keeping ?

None - I didn’t purchase a lot, may have a mixed case of '03s left, but I find them a bit too ripe and pruney - I loved them five years ago, but I don’t think the future looks good for the bulk of them.

none
I’ve always hated them.

Only Bouchard Corton

Mine is the 2003 Clos des Tarts. Will keep a couple for until it is 40 years old but not 50 as I will almost certainly be dead by the time it is 50!

Brodie

I did not buy any 03s and did not like most of those i tried - but Grivot’s Richebourg was stunning.

I have a few cases of '03s and I am keeping them for educational purposes. My hunch is that they will not be my cup o’tea in the future, but one never knows. Chevillons I am very doubtful about, but perhaps I am most optimistic about my Arlauds as the couple of MSD 1ers that i have tried have been excellent. I am also mildy optimistic for Claveliers as I suspect their cooler styles may suit the vintage.
Looking at my list of '03s though it seems that I failed to buy a lot of my usual suspects which is a good thing!

I have a handful of Chambertin & hyphenated Chambertin, a couple of which I am optimistic about.

the double mags of lafarge that I do not own.

2003 Roumier Bonnes Mares is perhaps the best '03 I have had…

Rouget Parantoux and Perrot Minot Clos de Beze.

Cd tart, a few Faiveleys and the Jadot csj.

None.

In 50 years I will be dead.

The only 2003s I have are from Truchot. They are marvelous wines that are still incredibly young and are just starting to become Truchot wines instead of 2003s. They may well last 50 years, but see my first point. I probably will wait 5-10 years, however, to really begin drinking them.

None. I passed on '03s.

In 2053 I don´t think I will still be able to open a bottle … [cry.gif]

Nevertheless I think there will still be some 2003s left for my heirs … and many will still be good, although I think most will be mature around 2030, not only the lesser crus.

In the unlikely event I’m alive in 2053 I probably won’t be drinking wine.

I do believe that there will be some 2003s that will turn out stunning but I didn’t follow the vintage enough to identify ones I might want to buy and there are so many bad ones that it’s too risky to buy blindly. So I don’t own any.

I loved the CDT and others but now I think 03’s are risky-drink them up.

Whether those wines will keep or not…they will always have the 2003 character, IMO. I’d sell both and get one good wine from 2005…

Though I won’t be around in 50 years…someone might have a good investment, at least, with a 2005.

La Tache

Rousseau Chambertin