We need an official Berserker identifier, so how about this . . .

After reading another “glad to find out who you really were” post in the Rieslingfeier thread, I realized that what we need is something to identify other Berserkers at large wine events. I have a friend, Polly Wright, who is know throughout the chess world, as the woman whose hat you never want to sit on because it’s covered with commemorative “lapel” pins from chess tournaments. Like Olympic pins, but for chess. A few times in the past, she has arranged to have custom pins made for me for events I was organizing. My idea is to have her arrange to have custom Berserker pins made that we could all wear, unobtrusively, at wine events to facilitate finding each other. We could, perhaps, use the Berserker man on a barrel logo if The Toddster would agree. Assume that it can be done for less than $10 per pin, and it would be the kind of this you could wear like an American Flag lapel pin, and assume you could get it at cost, would you be interested in getting a pin and wearing it as an identifying token. It will make it so much easier to find people to try out the secret Berserker handshake.

What about those of us who never wear lapels? Nipple rings?

You’d have to replace at least one of your current rings.

secret handshake down?

I will have them made with silver plated pins so you can use it instead of your nose ring. Or as an earring. And besides, don’t you wear a tuxedo when you perform at your real job?

Is Todd one of those strippers who performs at nursing homes?

I think a Berserker tattoo on your forearm is a better idea - shows your in for life!

He’s huge in Wisconsin. “String Works” is actually the name of his male stripper under ware line.

How about Maison Ilan tee-shirts?

Besides, I got these as my identifier - http://www.wineberserkers.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=108133&p=1612247&hilit=berserkers+shoes#p1612247

Liotta has a Packers shirt to identify him as a Berserker, and the last time I wore a tuxedo was probably September! I don’t get to strum the big violin much anymore, no time with all my babysitting duties at home at on WB

We should just hire a tattoo artist to ink everyone who shows up to each event.

Mustard yellow jackets for all?

People often recognize me, although sometimes they recognize me as Ken Zinns!

-Al

I would buy the nipple ring.

But we have to be able to see each others to verify berserkerness.

So, im game.

Or i suppose the lapel pin works too. Not as much fun or as interesting but…

[rofl.gif]

I like the pin idea. It could be about the size of those sommelier pins.

“What wine certification is that?”

“I’m certified BERSERK!”

could lapel pins go on a buttondown shirt pocket?

You should just make a deal with Costco and have the pins put on all the Hawaiian/bowling shirts there. Half of the members here will have them then.

ROFL!!

I have been looking for a new tattoo idea, now I have it. It will be cooler than that guy with the Petrus tattoo.

That’s probably what I’d do with it.