Average number of bottles/week POLL ADDED

How many bottles of wine per week do you drink, on average?

• less than 1
  • 1-2
  • 3-4
  • 5-6
  • 7-8
  • more than 8

0 voters

On average how many bottles do you consume on a weekly basis? I’m around .5 week.

For years it was around 2 bottles a week but now that I’m working most nights it’s more like 1.

At home? Seven or eight.

All these people talking about how wine is supposed to go with food, etc., what do they drink with dinner?

The funny thing is that when I had access to my cellar at home, it was probably 3-4 per week. Since I moved everything offsite, consumption is WAY down. Less than a bottle a week.

5 at home; more when out or doing tastings.

Between me and my husband, we consume on average about 10-12 bottles a week, generally splitting one a night during the week, and two a night Fri-Sun. We often have wine with lunch on weekends as well. It’s part of pretty much every meal at home for us. We enjoy the discussion of what we want to drink with a particular dish we’re preparing, or the fun of surprising the other with a choice from the cellar. The only problem is we both still have off-site storage. Can’t wait for the new cellar to be built…

5-7 for us.
We have wine with most meals.

Methinks >=7 the only honest answer for anyone who loves wine and cannot bear a meal without it.

On an average 5 to 7 per week.

Average - 2 to 3.
It depends on how you ant to “average” in a night where 12 people share 18 bottles. Are we talking full bottle equivalents consumed by me alone, excluding amounts consumed by those I am drinking with?

12-14

my fiancee recently decided that she wants to stick to white wines almost exclusively (for whatever reason), so I’ve had to get a bit creative about what we’re opening. probably ends up being about 6 bottles on average.

2-3 for me alone. On occasion the wife will enjoy a glass or two.

I would say 3-4 bottles most weeks.I usally have to days not drinking wine during the week.

1-2

7+ At least one per night, sometimes more on weekends.

Does that mean I have a drinking problem?

3-4, as I split a bottle over two nights. If we host a dinner it obviously goes up more than a little bit.

More than 0.5 a week.

Around 4 most weeks.