Average number of bottles/week POLL ADDED

You’re assuming everyone is home for dinner every night of the week, which is most certainly not the case (at least for me).

6 bottles per week at dinner with my wife; additional bottles if we have guests.

IMO, that’s the only way to answer the question sensibly, how much the respondent personally consumes, not how many bottles get opened and then shared among who-knows-how-many people.

I have wine when I’m eating dinner at home (really, in any social setting), but I don’t drink a whole bottle by myself, so even if I dined in a non-work setting every night, I wouldn’t average seven bottles a week all by myself. Wine appreciation isn’t directly proportional to the amount consumed.

Only if it’s in the hot tub, with your wife.

[snort.gif]

GaryC, come back, we miss you!!!

Someone once told me "it’s only a problem if you start going to meetings…
champagne.gif

Thats 17 x 7 (+1). Needs to be more than Gerard Depardieu

For this year, CellarTracker says 3.60

More data: 2013 4.51 per week
2012 3.66 per week

3 year average: 3.92333/week Which includes all wine consumed; personal, parties, etc.

This^^^^

Around 6 on average

1 bottle on a couple of school nights and then two on Friday and Saturday

In hot weather: 0 to 2
In cooler weather: 3ish

Beer often is more appealing to me in the hot foothill summers. Also I tend to cook more wine friendly foods in the fall and winter.

I used to drink more wine in the cooler months but a few years ago we started making our own fruit (and sometimes malt) infused ciders that we drink when they are still fermenting (not really sure what to call them). That takes the place of a lot of wine.

Average is 3-4 per week/ per CT, around 205 btls/yr last few years

About 3-4 a week. We’ll usually have wine 5-6 nights a week.

So far in 2014 it’s been 3.5 bottles/week, drunk at home and split with wife.
This excludes bottles consumed at group tastings or restaurants, which is infrequent.

I would estimate 7-10.

My wife much prefers white wines. It is not uncommon, at all, for us to have 2 open bottles on the dinner table.

Ah but no!

My answer was only for those days I have dinner at home. That’s usually a bottle a night. For times when I eat dinner away from home, it’s at least a bottle per person but depending on who it is with, it can be more.

I assume we are only talking about slow, reflective consumption, not sip and spit tastings.

I’d guess about 3.

2-4 I think

Hmm. That’s analogous to saying that anyone who loves chocolate cake and can’t eat a meal without dessert must honestly admit that they eat 7 entire cakes a week.

I have a glass of wine with almost every dinner, but it’s a single glass - and not a big one. So, my consumption is between 1 and 2 bottles a week. I love wine, but a single glass does the trick. The smell is 75% of my enjoyment, so I take my time consuming the wine.

Now, if only I could get myself to eat less chocolate cake…

Ben

Same here, if it’s a week with just my wife and I at home.

Higher, of course, if we entertain.