Trout Amandine with a 1979 Jos. Christoffel Jr.

Inspired by the Terry Theise thread, and a day off; I went Ice fishing for Rainbow Trout today. I caught my limit in about an hour on a beautiful day. I then proceeded to make Trout Amandine. Both the Fish and the wine were extremely Delicious!!

**TN: 1979 Jos. Christoffel Jr. (Christoffel-Prüm) Wehlener Sonnenuhr Riesling Auslese ****

• **1979 Jos. Christoffel Jr. (Christoffel-Prüm) Wehlener Sonnenuhr Riesling Auslese **** - Germany, Mosel Saar Ruwer (1/3/2011)
    Gorgeous golden color. Pop and pour at cellar temperature. White fruits, peaches and slight petrol on the nose. The palate reveals more delicious peach, petrol, zinging acidity, and melon. The mid palate is reflected by balanced acidity and fruit. The wine has some sweetness, but just the right amount; not too much, not too little. The finish culminates with an acidic and slightly sweet ending of 8 seconds+. Delicious wine, starting to make me a Riesling believer. Wish I had more bottles. (92 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

so the back must be doing better?
alan

Alan my back is doing a little bit better. I am trying to ween off the pain meds. I also stopped smoking about a week and a half ago. It’s killing me. Thanks for asking.

Are your notes private? Otherwise, any idea why this doesn’t show up in the CT link?

[cheers.gif]

[cheers.gif]

Nothing better than fresh trout. We caught some in NC last thanksgiving, a little butter, garlic. Freaking amazing.

George

The notes should not be private; I will check it out. Nothing does get better than this. Amazing time catching the fish and one of my best meals to date. This paired perfectly with the 79. I just using nicorrete gum; just switched from 4mg to 2mg. Thanks for the compliments.

Can you please change you Avatar. The one you are using now is not offending and I am offended…

GH

I see it now.