3 '07 Andrew Murray Syrahs on Wine Woot - $49.99

A Great Oaks, Stolpman and Reserve… Any thoughts?

This is the second time an Andrew Murray 3-pack has come up on Wine Woot. Last time, it was a 3-pack that included a Syrah, a Grenache, and a GSM blend.

If you bought these at the winery, they would be $115 for all three. Here, you’re getting all three for $50. No sales tax, and shipping is only $5, even if you buy more than one 3-pack. It’s definitely a deal – but, of course, only if you like Andrew Murray’s style. It’s definitely not everybody’s cup of tea.

That said, I adore his wines – even his cheaper cuvees totally deliver for me – and just ordered two 3-packs. Thanks for the heads up on this one! [cheers.gif]

If you like dense, meaty, super-extracted, big bodied Syrah, these are the wines for you. Seems like the style of wine where the grapes are super-ripe, then the winemaker also takes everything from the grapes possible. So you end up with something that has strong fruit, yet also has certain herby and meaty qualities as well. For me the aromatics on these wines are pretty impressive, but they are too heavy on the palate.

My wife and I jumped on his list during the first visit to Los Olivos. My palate has shifted a bit but still love drinking his stuff. Plus the tasting room and people are great.

I’d definitely jump on that deal!