Zalto Question (Again)

I knocked one over yesterday. Not for the first time. No problem. They seem delicate but are surprisingly resilient. Very happy with mine.

+1

I have the Bordeaux and Universals. I almost always use the Bordeaux for white and red.

Does anyone else find the GG bowl a bit too small? I just need more than 16 oz to get the aromas going. Admittedly, zalto burgs are huge and thus good primarily for detecting aromatic subtlety. I’ve used zalto universal a number of times and liked them. Similar to Neal, I can’t imagine how one would want anything lighter, but I think its bowl is over 20 oz.

Universal.

Use your Riedel Burgs for Pinot and the Zalto Universals for everything else, including Champagne.

Love the zalto Bordeaux for all reds.

my Zalto Universal weighs 113 gm, my Gabriel gold 85.5 gm.

Thanks for the correction Alan! Do you agree that the GG Gold is sturdier than the Zalto?

The GGG is 16oz. And Zalto Uni is 18oz.
The Zalto Uni’s bowl is slightly longer. That’s where the extra 2oz. comes from. My thinking is since nobody is going to fill the bowl full, it should be the same or similar amount of wine poured into the glass.

I went with the GGG because it allows my nose to be closer to the wine (since shorter bowl length) when smelling and drinking so I can get more of the fragrance.
Also, I was able to get 12 GGG for almost the same price of 6 Zalto Uni.

I am not sure yet—fortunately haven’t broken any. But Riedels break.

I like the Zalto bdx for almost eveything; however, I was thinking of replacing my white/champagne glasses (although for most whites I use the Zalto bdx) with GGG. What do you think of that strategy?

Seems like a good choice.

I’m happy with how whites and Champagne show in GGG but I can’t claim to have done an extensive side by side with the other lead candidates.

Great strategy, but once you get some try them with different reds and let us know what you think.