Your single greatest QPR of the year, so far?

Giuseppe Rinaldi langhe nebbiolo 2010.Drinking so good right now,and fore 30 bucks,it beats a lot of 60 buck barolo. :slight_smile:

Okay, Iā€™m with the big spenders: 1981 La Conseillante, $110.

Carlisle Old Vines Zin 2013 $20
Fontodi CC 2010 $25
Patricia Green Berserkers Cuvee 2013 $19
Giovanni Corino Barolo 2010 $29

You promised to save me one!

I havenā€™t forgotten.

My second choice too.

2013 Bedrock North County Syrah. A frickinā€™ ridiculous steal at $19
Matello Whistling Ridge white field blend $24.

Only $110? The 1998 you suggested was more than that!

ā€¦BTW, it was gooooooooood. [thankyou.gif]

I was not sure if your question pertains to which wine specifically it is ( Answer is this one: https://www.cellartracker.com/wine.asp?iWine=1976650 inaugural release for RS from this vineyard). If you refer to the value of this one against the ones specifies: re: RS Alexander valleyā€“IMHO, the knights tasted better, longer finish and more enjoyable- both for afternoon wine, or dinner wine. YMMV. I would also note: I opened a bottle for two friends who just wanted a glass of some nice cab, and theyā€™ve finished it within 60 minutes (I just had a taste). It does get better over few hours.
Re: Beringer, I think my selection (RS knights) holds much better, but I have to note that I tasted the beringer at the vineyard few months ago and I simply do not remember all my notes well. I will see if I can try it later this week/next week in town and then write my opinion again. May Iā€™d pull the RS Knights Valley to try side by side

Ditto.

I bought this on a lark and it rocked my world. It reminded me of an aged Burgundyā€¦all for $15.

Flavors of cranberry, black tea, and raspberry. Light+ bodied; the acid keeps the wine fresh and nearly weightless. Finishes medium. Missing some depth and a bit lacking in the mid-palate, but this is a quibble. Simply delicious. A gorgeous wine at twice the price, this offers fantastic QPR ā€“ my QPR find of the year. 13% abv

Posted from CellarTracker

2013 Au Bon Climat Santa Barbara Chardonnay. I hadnā€™t been much of a chardonnay drinker until I read about this wine as a ringer in a tasting on this site and gave it a shot. Really good stuff.

Thanks for following up. I searched and couldnā€™t find the Knights Valley from Rodney Strong anywhere on Winesearcher. I see it on their website now but havenā€™t been able to find it anywhere else. Do you know of any other online sources for it?

I did a search on WS-pro and I see the problem you are facing. While the places specify the knights valley, they actually offer the Alexander Valley one. (At least through the first dozen or so Iā€™ve checked). I canā€™t remember now but I did see it in the distribution of other online shops. Maybe by calling them (the stores) to check?

2012 Vietti Langhe Nebbiolo Perbacco - $20

2012 Riverain from Berserker Day $70

Through their website it is $90 plus s&h and , dont tell them this butā€¦, worth over $100 plus.

+1 on this, should have bought more. Will look locally for more.

My vote Nikolaihof Hefeabzug Gruner Veltliner 2013

Also love the 2013 Biggio Hamina

Any Sandler pinot noir. The 2012s and 2013s drank great and were around $20.

Havenā€™t tried the 2013 yet. Sounds like I should fix that :slight_smile:.