Your opinion please. Who pays?

Dine & dash!

J/K [cheers.gif]

With distributors expense accounts usually start at middle management. Most distributor sales reps have very little to no expense accounts.

What an awkward situation! Is this dinner really going to influence the potential customer? Yuck.

p.s.: I suppose I’d cast a vote for the store owners, but still …

Having been in this situation a number of times the rep should pay - both the store owner and the client are customers or indeed potential customers.

The end customer should pay as he/she is going to get great allocations… [cheers.gif]

Actually, that is what is going to happen anyway… whether the alloc is good or not…

The ethical answer is they split the bill.
If someone wants to pay for the other, the other ought to ensure they are able to accept this under their company ethics policy / state law.

“Let’s get Sushi and not pay”. Dine and dash.

Paired with CdP of course.

Whoever extended the invitation or asked to have the dinner set up should pay. It seems rude to invite someone to dinner and expect them to pay.

They went dutch by mutual instinct

The Repo Man quote does not get by unnoticed.

Or a plate o’ shrimp.

The dinner organizer should pay.

“I shall not cause harm to any vehicle nor the personal contents thereof, nor through inaction let that vehicle or the personal contents thereof come to harm. That’s what I call the Repo Man Code kid, don’t forget it, etch it in your brain.”

Back to Maureen, I agree with “it depends”.
Besides who’s invite it was, who stood to gain the most economically if a deal was struck?
Did one side or the other order more expensive food/wine?
WTF happened when the check came-did one side sit on their wallet/purse and/or did another rush to flip a cc on the table or was it one of those uncomfortable dual-sided-delay catastrophes?

They should’ve played credit card roulette…

They should have planned ahead

Whoever ordered the wine at dinner should pay!

So who ended up paying?

See post #30

Either one can pay, as long as:
1- the next time for dinner, the other party pays, and
2- the cost of the meal is reasonable and customary, i.e. no Petrus or DRC poured.

As already mentiond, the better option is to go dutch.