Your one recommendation for NY restaurant

• 1 and +1

Just one more if you can get in. The restaurant in the NoMad hotel. Amazing food…

Thanks all, this is great

Per Se also allows corkage, up to 2 per table at $90/btl last time I went. It’s a lot of corkage but if you are bringing something special for the aniversary it’s far less than the markup alternative. You have to bring something not on the list, but I think they distinguish by vintage, not producer/label.

If you can’t get in there, I’d opt for the the bar area at Gramercy Tavern (including full tables and an in room wood burning grill that is highly appetizing and adds to the experience). They have great wines by the glass/bottle and specialty drink and craft beer selections that really match the food choices well.

+1

Nougatine is lovely, accessible and right on the Park. [cheers.gif]

For something completely different, Try Junoon. Lovely ambiance, excellent Indian food and a very creative wine list. And easy to get a reservation. They also have a lounge with an extensive food and drink menu.

As a former Manhattanite, my go-to restaurant is Union Square Cafe. It’s Danny Meyer’s signature (and first) restaurant and still rocks! It is comfortable, with no attitude and if you go by yourself, you can sit at the bar and order a meal.

Got a table here at 5:30. Perfect, thanks!

I think they have a limited menu in comparison to the Dining room. Might want to check that. Friday night is usually a nice night to be at the Museum.

Robert, I did check out the menu, it looks perfect for my wife and I, who are relatively light eaters. But thanks for the advice! And thanks to everyone for all the great suggestions. Bar Modern was just one of the first that popped up available at a good time for us, I’ll definitely be trying to get to all the other places eventually.

Love the bar room. On the current menu I like the shrimp, the grouper en Matelote, liverwurst, and tagliatelle. The beef tenderloin is not worth it. The chocolate pistachio dessert is my favorite dessert in the city.

Ethan, Thanks, those sound right up our alley. One question, how is the restaurant connected to the museum? Is it a separate entrance?

Yes, if you are coming from the west it’s past the museum, movie, and condo entrances. Coming from east it’s before.

And a group of us will be drinking Barolo there somewhere. Come by for a taste.

If you have a lunch open, I’d throw out Il Buco Alimentari. Dirt cheap and out of this world.

Ken – is that an open invitation?

Snagged a bar table at Grammercy Tavern last night, excellent food, service, and nice by the glass list. Thanks!

For a taste? Sure. At least from my 2 bottles. I wouldn’t want to speak for anyone else.

Good for you! I love the place.

Bar at the Modern tonight was one of the best meals we’ve had in a while. Fabulous. Love the room, service, food, and wine list. Thanks again for all the recs! Unfortunately, after a couple of great meals, tomorrow’s Paulee tasting, I’m stuck going to Jersey Boys tomorrow evening, so my run will come to an end. But it’s been good while it lasted :slight_smile:

Some might think that you re joking, Barry. I, for one, do not. That would be my top choice. You can get better pretentious, frou-frou food than Humm, Keller or, God knows, Battali all over this planet of ours (not to say that their stuff is not good). You can even get better food without any of the celebrity and pretentiousness. But delis are dying, and there never were many the quality of Katz’s to begin with, at least not in my lifetime. Alan probably needs something more upscale, but you made my mouth water. I am currently researching to find out if great corned beef and pastrami exist anywhere in Europe…