Your Most Prized Bottle of Wine

Lots of candidates, but 1947 Huët Vouvray Moelleux 1ère Trie Le Haut-Lieu is the one that I am most excited about owning & opening someday.

I’ll go sentimental. 1996 Veuve Clicquot Ponsardin Champagne Brut La Grande Dame. Was given to me by an employer as a promotion gift. Swore I’d save it for the day I retire. That day has not yet come…

'43 Dom Perignon. The last bottle from my great uncle’s cellar. Dead, for sure, but sentimental value. Definitely my most prized.

I guess I would pick 1989 Haut Brion. I’ve had two bottles since the early 90’s and have not even thought about opening one. Of bottles I’ve had I would pick my last bottle of 1985 La Conseillante, which has been more or less my favorite wine.

I had it around 1997 at a pre-auction tasting and it was so beautiful that I took the glass into a corner and just kept smelling it. I ended up buying maybe 9-12 bottles over the years and it shut down for quite a while but is quite open now. Down to my last bottle and I don’t know if I can bring myself to open it.

Not a single, but I love looking at the “vertical” of Faiveley Moose. 07-10

I have a 1953 Chateau Margaux that is waiting to make an occasion.

2005 Rouget “Cros Parantoux”

Let me know cousin David.

Verticals?
I have to admit to feeling special towards my 8 year verticals of Saxum Bone Rock & James Berry. I can only assemble one each.

A signed Pat Paulsen Vineyard Sauv Blanc from the early 80s.

This might not count since it’s an empty, but a magnum of '61 Margaux signed by Corinne Mentzelopoulos and Paul Pontallier, from a dinner with them at the Chateaux in 2005.

Of the bottles still with wine in them, '89 Haut Brion from my daughter’s birth year and '88 Krug Clos du Mesnil and Yquem from our wedding year.

Great memories of that wine, the first truly great bottle I ever tasted. At a K&L dinner to which I dragged my late Uncle Rick in like 1989. I wasn’t yet 21 and was sure they were going to “bust me.” They didn’t (the statute has since run) and my interest in wine has never abated …

Ha! I have a 1987 Pat Paulsen Refrigerator White in my cellar. Too much of a treasure to drink. [berserker.gif]

1945 Romanée Conti
1828 Champagne Juglar found under the sea
1869 Lafite

Price: 1983 Q. Do Noval Nacional (affordable only because the seller didn’t notice it wasn’t just a regular VP)
Most Delicious: 1985 Huet Vouvray Moelleux Le Mont
Sentemental: 2005 Standing Stone Vineyards Saperavi (The first vintage of what is the tastiest red wine in NY, and a gift from the winemaker)

1990 la tache - bought a mixed case of DRC '90s for $2000, and sold the RC for $2000 the next year.

2000 Ausone that I am saving for my retirement dinner

My lone bottle of Boone’s Farm Strawberry Hill.

1990 Laurel Glen “Reserve” Cabernet 1.5L

Not sure I will ever be able to bring myself to open it…