Your favourite 82 Bordeaux?

There’s a lot of good 82 Bordeaux. The best 82 I’ve ever had is 82 Lafleur. For the money, the best 82’s out there today IMO are 82 Gruaud Larose and 82 Grand Puy Lacoste.

Latour and Cheval Blanc are my favorite 1982 Bordeaux. On the more QPR front, thought Montrose and Leoville Poyferre were standouts.

Mouton

I haven’t had much recently, but I have been able to taste all the great wines of this vintage at least once.

My top 3 overall: Mouton, Latour, La Mission

The one I’ve drank and enjoyed most often: Pichon Lalande

I had the Lafleur once about 10yrs ago and I remember it being much more perfumed than Petrus but other than tasting like a classically described Pomerol I don’t remember much.

No love for Petrus? [stirthepothal.gif]

I had the Petrus once about 13 yrs ago with Lafite, Margaux & Mouton and I thought that, while tough as nails and monolithic at the time, Petrus had a ton of potential.

IMO, '82 Petrus is merely a good wine and a big disappointment for the vintage. Lafleur crushes it. Trotanoy is at least its equal.

I’ve only had it once myself well over ten years ago in a tasting with all of the FG’s and other top wines. It was embarrassed by MANY other wines. Truth be told I’ve never had a Petrus that wowed me but I don’t get to try it all that often :frowning:

Pichon Lalande. Yum!

[wink.gif]
I thought, at first, that Keith was looking for more of the “value” '82s. But since we are talking of more chateaus, especially Pomerols, I would put l’Evangile in there with the Trotonoy although the Lafleur is clearly the top dog.

Cheers!
Marshall [cheers.gif]

I’ve tried a lot of them, including the 5 first growths, and many repeatedly, blind and non-blind. My personal favorites are 1982 Latour, Pichon Lalande, Gruaud Larose and Figeac. Of the 1982s I’ve had, I think the best QPR is the 1982 Grand Puy Lacoste.

Hands down my favorite is the Pichon Lalande but where’s the love for the Leoville Las Cases?

I also love the L’Evangile, GPL, Poyferre, Latour a Pomerol, Latour and La Miss.

Talbot

I have nothing good to add here except that I LOVE your avatar and it brings back many a memory! [welldone.gif]

So far, Lafleur and it’s not close. Had the Mouton at the same time and it wouldn’t be in my top 10. That said, i think it probably wasn’t a representative bottle. No “flaws”, just not a good bottle I think.

Best QPR right now would be Gruaud Larose and Figeac. Both are killer. Really like quite a few, and for the most part all of these wines with good pedigree are drinking very well. It really is one of the great vintages.

As luck would have it, I just finished tasting a Pichon Lalande and Gruaud Larose a few hours ago. Both were incredible, but I thought the Lalande was at peak and the Gruaud Larose was not quite at peak yet. Those were my first 1982s and I was not disappointed.

[cheers.gif]

I put together a New Years Eve blind tasting of the five '82 Firsts (and a ringer) for us and another couple.

Great evening. The ringer won. 1974 Heitz Martha’s

WTS: I love the '82 Latour - one of my alltime favorite wines. For my tastes… it towers over the other highly regarded wines of '82. Mouton, LLC, PL, Margaux, HB etc.

I have always found the Mouton and the LLC to be very underwhelming.

The '82 GPL is super and a relative value.

Mouton, Cos, Ducru and P. Lalande, in that order. Had a bottle of the 82 La Dominique from my cellar Sat. night. Not as good as my favorites, but drinking very well. I was surprised at how well.

Haven’t had most of the top wines. Of those I’ve tried, Pichon Lalande and LaMission, both about ten years ago, are my favorites. Last week I had the Ducru, Cos (both bought on release), Leoville Poyferre and Gruaud Larose, and the Ducru and Leoville were the favorites of the ten of us. In 2007 I had the Cos and Leoville together (to celebrate the 25th birthday of a friend), the the Cos was far superior.

David

In my experience LLC just isn’t as dramatic a wine as some of the others, particularly PL which is just amazing.

Funny thing is 10 years ago it was just as sexy as the other wines, not sure if it’s closed right now or just starting to go downhill, but I remain hopeful and will hold onto the few that I own.

In no particular order…Conseillante, Poyferre, Cos, Ducru, LB, LLC, Gruaud, GPL, Canon, PB

Favorite firsts are Latour and Haut Brion