Your favorite “at home” Margarita recipe

I’ve found a shake of salt pre shake is the difference maker, too lazy for making saline solution. It’s all Dave Arnold’s fault.

6 lemons, 6-7 limes, 2 cups water, 3/4 cup sugar. Let sit for a few hours for sugar to integrate. Makes a great marg mix.

Stone Cold Steve Austin’s

That’s a lot of triple sec/Grand Marnier.

3-ounces, Patron Silver
1.5-ounces Triple Sec
1-1.25-ounces lime juice
Few drops of agave nectar
pour over fresh ice in a lowball glass (salted rim)

1-ounce Grand Marnier on top

It’s all about the lime, IMO. Those greasy Mexican limes are my favorite-look bad but generate a lot of juice.

Ditto
With a splash of Agave depending on the lime.

3 parts lime juice
1 part lemon juice
2 parts Reposado Tequila
0.5 parts agave syrup or Cointreau

To “modify” them I always have some Giffard liqueurs around…rhubarb, pamplemousse, lichi, piment, framboise, pomegranate, watermelon, etc…if someone wants a twist. If they want spicy I have some of the Tanteo pepper Tequilas around if you want to pick a pepper…Chipotle, Habanero, or Jalapeño since I hate muddled peppers or seeds in my drinks.

Local restaurant that makes the great margaritas

That’s a pretty sour marg, no? 2:1 lime/lemon to tequila. I suppose the liqueurs and agave can balance that out. Agreed with muddled chilis and even medium+ level spicy drinks in general. Not my cup of tea. I like an equal balance of tequila, sour and sweet with more emphasis on the tequila.

I like sour Tequlia! :upside_down_face:

Not a sweet fan…always preferred salts, which reminds me a rim of Tajin makes all the difference too.