Your best Pandemic bottle consumed?

I don’t really rank or score wines so always have trouble with lists, but based on my tasting notes:

2006 Reynard
2002 Mugnier Fuees
2007 Fonsalette
1983 Chateau Figeac
2005 Cathiard Malconsorts
2005 Raveneau Butteaux
2010 Rollin Sous Fretille

Off the top of my head, 1985 Chave Hermitage Blanc, motivated in part by a thread on white Rhones.

-Al

Davenport Cellars Mr. B since it was $10 and 93 points all day long.

I’ve opened a ton of good stuff but 1998 Forman wins

A lws was consigning a big collection of 90s Formans and I grabbed one based on Tom Reddick’s note linked below

I then had to go back and buy the rest

Been hitting the cellar a lot, too, that and gourmet goodies keeping us going…
These are most memorable:

'85 Beychevelle St. Julien
'09 PYCM Chassagnes-Montrachet Vides Bourses
99 M. Gros Vosne-Romaneé Clos de Réas
95 Domaine Leroy Nuits St Georges Au Bas de Combe

'06 Dom Perignon was not too shabby either

Enjoy!

Didn’t open much wines worthy of noting in this list. But, had the following that provided best experiences so far.

1985 Ch. Haut Bailly

then

2000 Ch. Clerc Milon

1962 Unico with pristine provenance, courtesy of a generous friend. My birthyear and a perfect wine to my palate.

If I had to pick one I’d say the 1982 Giacosa Falletto. An incredible bottle, especially on the palate. Has to be among the top white labels.

Don’t forget to save a bottle for me. (Anniversary wine)
We’ve done 07 Scarecrow, 05 Continuum, but can’t get to our offsite right now.

2011 PYMC Corton Charlie Not even a great vintage, but a great wine.

Wow, I’ve been drinking a lot of wine since March 17th (the day I got back from Jackson Hole and the world changed). May need to cut down… or drink more.

For me, it was a 2016 Kinsman Rhadamanthus. It was spellbindingly good. Decanted it at noon, first glass at 7pm, best sips were the last, around 10pm. It will cruise in the cellar for 25+ years, so no rush to drink my remaining bottles. Just wish that I had grabbed some of those mag’s when they were offered a month or so ago.

Whoever has this in their cellar, you are in for a TREAT…

Top 3:

2007 Cayuse Armada Syrah
2008 Cayuse Cailloux Syrah
2016 Force Majeure SJR Vineyard Syrah

Easily the 2016 Les Carmes Haut Brion. For “wow, that’s interesting,” the 1989 Latour Chassagne Montrachet I got from K&L for $40. It’s not that it was especially complex - it was just amazing it was alive 31 years after the fact, and let’s hope people can say the same thing about us, right?

Sparkling: 1990 Dom Perignon from magnum
White: 2001 Dönnhoff Niederhauser Hermannshohle Riesling Auslese AP#17
Red: 2000 Mouton Rothschild

2007 Produttori del Barbaresco Riserva ‘Ovello‘

I have pulled a couple of 2007 Riservas for sampling - Rabaja and Rio Sordo.

Had the Rabaja over Father’s Day weekend and thought it was excellent…just a shade behind the Ovello we had two weeks earlier.

Wow, good question and I have not been keeping track. But, I recall…

• 2012 Larkmead LMV
  • -2007 Anderson’s Conn Valley Eloge
  • 2009 Branaire Ducru

so far:
04 La Rioja Alta 904
16 Donnhoff Hermannshohle GG
07 Ruinart BdB

A small group of friends have been doing weekly tastings via Zoom. We decided to go big because you never know how much time you have left. The top 5:

1. 2009 DRC Grands Echezeaux
  2. 2014 PYCM Chevalier Montrachet
  3. 1985, 95 and 05 Clavelier VR Les Beaux Monts