You know you're a 'Burg Nerd' when

We have a crow that lives in our backyard that we have named ‘Parantoux’.

7 Likes

You think $150 is good value.

12 Likes

Wallaby damned.

2 Likes

That’s gold, Jerry! Gold!

1 Like

You call your dog Lafarge

You have two cats named and they are named; Romanee and Conti

A true story but not our cats

3 Likes

You post in a Burg Nerd thread.

7 Likes

Damn you just decided my passcode. Better change it now

3 Likes

You think that a flawed wine “has loads of sous bois and saddle sweat” and a wine that has no flavor “is in a dumb phase.”

3 Likes

You are elated that slightly fewer than half of your $100 white wines have to get poured down the drain.

6 Likes

…you keep rolling the dice in this crapshoot called Burgundy, mostly blind, on $75-$250 bottles that need 10+ years of cellar time and the odds look like this:
-Snakeyes: utter failure =1/6,
-So-so. (Not plonk, but not great) = 2/6,
-“This-is-quite-nice-but-Oregon-is-good-too” (and I can find it) = 1/6
-“Whoa, this Burg stuff is really something, better get me some more” (its gone, you deluded rube) = 1/6
-Boxcars: “I hear the angels singing” = 1/6,…maybe, AND you are lucky, (and still above ground).

Hello Fixin, Marsannay and the backwoods of Beaune…

Disclaimer: Ok, my hit rate is a little better after 5+ years of buying/tasting (and hair-raising expenditure) , but seriously, Burgundy can be a crapshoot.
Yet still we play…

6 Likes

You name your dog the americanized pronunciation of Leroy so your wife will be cool with naming the dog after a domaine.

Some of my ‘utter failure’ and ‘angels singing’ experiences were on the same budget, adding to the confusion.

1 Like

This is all too accurate. Although I too, probably have a better hit rate than this. Maybe.

I almost consider myself luck to be late to the burg game. Really keeps me in check. Plus I get to see a lot more info from others when I do buy back vintage.

1 Like

We haven’t missed “Burgundy Thursday” in 16+ years.

3 Likes

My tastes have changed some but for a long time, until winter, my default wine with hamburgers was a Bourgogne Rouge.
For hot dogs it was a Bourgogne Blanc.

Dan Kravitz

1 Like

You know you are a Burg nerd when…
you fantasize about emigrating to where Burgundy Thursday is a thing

Your normal friends won’t attend evemts with you due to your non-stop pontificating about terroir, tilled earth, and stem inclusion at the 2022 Margarita Dayz event downtown.

Charleston is nice.
South FL too in season.
:sunglasses:

Do you do Burgundy Thursdays just in Charleston or in South Florida also?