Yogurt maker

may I ask… strained with?

a fine mesh stainless steel strainer

I hang my labneh in cheesecloth. I just finished a new batch yesterday! [cheers.gif]

I am reading “hanging in cheesecloth” and “straining” as two different things? The cheese cloth to remove excess whey, and the straining actually pushing the solids thru the mesh.

Am I reading this wrong?

If you are making Labneh, you want to remove the whey, and you are left with a thick yogurt cheese. The longer you let it strain (or hang in cheesecloth), the thicker it gets.
Instead of cheesecloth, I use a nut milk bag. I can wash it out and reuse.

Ok. I think that answers my definition question. Thanks

I really like homemade yogurt, but don’t make it all the time. I used to eat it every day, and thought if I do it myself, it’s much healthier, so I can consume it in any amount. It is healthier, however, after reading an article at https://betterme.world/articles/can-probiotics-cause-weight-gain/, I realized that it’s better not to abuse homemade yogurt. So be cautious with it.

best batch yet. Used some cream, an organic non-homogenized milk, a bit of agave, blueberry jam. 3 people said it’s the best yogurt they’ve ever had and I concur. The cream thickened it perfectly. Wish I had measured.

2 Likes

I’ll definitely try this out. Thanks!

have done 3 in a row great
1 liter organic whole milk
125 ml cream
30 ml agave
4-6 oz fruit confiture
5 oz plain yogurt

Awesome yogurt.