WTN: 2004 Bosconia reserva

Love the passion here Kirk, great note. I bought and very much enjoyed the 04 Tondonia and 05 Bosconia, was going to hold off buying more (space constaints) but you have me in thinking…

Like all LdH fans, cannot was for the 01 GR’s to be released, hopefully in the next few years.

Loving my 04 and 05 Tondonia and Bosconia. The change and development with air time (and over the course of days even) is unreal.

This is from someone who usually prefers wines on Day 1 vs 2, 3 etc

We had a bottle of this over a couple days (the first night with a big group) and it too had no sediment, as others noted. There’s a bright line of acidity in the 2004 LdH Reserva Bosconia and the fruit is cool and lean. We had this after a bike ride, without any food, and it needs something to pair with it to show better. The first night it went with zesty greek style salad, which was a better idea. I didn’t pick up any strong wood notes, but I’m pretty tolerant of that.

Definitely a wine for the AFWE. I can only deal with them maybe once a year.

I tasted the '06 a few months ago and loved it. Bought a three pack the next day.

I had the 2005 the other night and really liked it. Looking forward to trying the '04 and '06.

I had the 2006 in April:

Rose petals and warm herbs drift atop a bed of dusty red fruit and worn leather. Sneaky tannins break through in the mid-palate, to remind me that thirteen is still so early for an LdH Rioja. Time and patience are allies.