WTB/WTT - 'middle age' Chateauneuf du Pape

Wouldn’t be properly referred to as Saxonfest 1.Brett Favre? deadhorse

[rofl.gif]

Since this thread is completely off track, I’ll ask this: Eric, do Kosher rules apply to everyone in the kitchen or just to Jews? In other words, could I show up (I’m not Jewish) and actively cook on the Sabbath or cook non-Kosher food? Or, is that simply forbidden in the house? And, since you alluded to it, are the rules different for cooking out on the deck?

Back to the topic at hand: Todd, I just sold off nearly 50 cases last year of just what you seek. I still have a decent amount left, but I’m having a little remorse I sold off so much. If I change my mind, I’ll get in contact with you. What do you want to give up in trade?

Chris

Chris, we don’t keep the sabbath. However we do have all separate sinks, dishwashers, pots, pans, dishes, utensils, knives etc. for meat and milk. And only Kosher meat, kosher fish etc. comes into the house. What that typically means for wine functions is that I will rarely do meat since that rules out so many things. However if we do something like Salmon or pizza or anything without meat then I can usually be a lot more flexible.

I may have a bottle or two from '26, '29 and '62. [whistle.gif]

Cheers!

\

• Frank [cheers.gif]

PM me, but probably nothing of interest to you if you sold off FIFTY CASES of aged CdP! Wow…

funny…we do EXACTLY the same. Eric, you can come to a wine event at my place and feel right at home!

Loren, personally I grew up eating everything and still do out of the house. My wife grew up much more observantly, so those are the home rules (and the rules for me as a cook). All the folks in my tasting group seem to get a kick out of seeing me at the front of the line shoveling down as much treif as I can when I am at their houses…

those 2 bottles of 2001 mon aieul are still available.

for how much?

Look for the 2000 VT if you can find it. It is awesome. [winner.gif] I would trade away other wines at a premium to get that.

Sadly, I do not have a lot to trade for you on this. I do have a 2000 Pegau. The first time I had it, it was nothign short of awesome. Every bottle sicne then has been average. While I have little desire to be disappinted yet again in my remaining bottle, I would never foist it off on someone else either.

I am fully Koshered! Can I come? [thumbs-up.gif]

nice. :slight_smile:

Whenever we meet in person I would LOVE to take the ‘00 Pegau off your hands – whether that be by trade or sale matters not to me. I still owe you some music, btw, and I’ve got little to do tomorrow, so you should be getting them soon! [training.gif]