Wineslash

Learn something new every day. And like ‘John Glenn’ is his real name.

Well, John, that kind of backfired on you.

2 Likes

I think this made me trust them more tbh.

1 Like

Whatever the equities of the situation might be, I think it would be wiser to simply describe the facts in your post and refrain from characterizing critics. The fact that those negative reviewers have contributed nothing to the board in the long run will erode any weight that might be placed on a drive by smear.

If you have good products & services - and working 6 days a week to meet demand suggests you’re on to something - just keep on doing what you’re doing.

=====

I would point out that one valid reason why consumers might not want to return heat damaged bottles to sellers is that there is the concern that they will just get recycled to the next customer. So collectively all consumers are worse off when that happens. (I doubt the complain poster cares/thinks about that though) Perhaps asking consumers to write with a black marking pen on the front label ‘Heat Damaged by Cruel Summer & uncaring Common Carrier’ and then set up a return is the way to address this for all parties - no risk of consumer getting free wine by lying about damage, no risk to future purchasers getting the tainted bottles recycled to them. This is analogous to the way the insurance industry handles total losses on autos, titles get marked as ‘salvaged’.

2 Likes

Maurine,

Thanks for your post and for clarifying things from your side. This is certainly one of the things I love about this site - it gives the opportunity to view things from multiple viewpoints when possible. Glad you found us and hope that you join us for discussions from time to time.

John,

Hoping you come back on this thread and discuss the subject further now that other info has come to light.

Cheers

2 Likes

I’m on the other end of the spectrum from JKG. I was a club member of a WA state producer for years when I stopped receiving shipments over the course of several releases (and was being charged). I had to put in multiple emails to get a response and received multiple affirmations that shipments would be sent but were not received. Than I was blamed for providing the wrong address because, according to the winemaker, shipments were being returned (nope, address was correct and was receiving shipments from other WA producers without issue). Finally I demanded to have all my wine shipped or receive a refund by a certain date, after which I finally received the wine and I dropped my membership.

Despite the abysmal customer service and my refusal to every buy anything from him again, I will not identify or bad mouth this producer. Why? First, I received what I ordered. More importantly, the business is competitive enough and I don’t see a good reason to make life more difficult for anyone. Perhaps there are explanations for the aberrant behavior (e.g., personal problems? financial problems?). I think he’s just disorganized and chaotic on the business side. His business may fail because of this type of customer service but I don’t see a reason to exacerbate that happening.

We are in an age of information. I don’t leave negative reviews on businesses even if the experience was not great. I will say there are exceptions to that rule. We were car shopping and one dealership was a horrible experience enough that I would advise others not to go. I’ve gone to sushi places that made me sick that I still tried to right what I could say positively about it, but if you read closely between the lines in my review you can tell how I really felt. In general, I like giving people the benefit of the doubt but I can see why you wouldn’t want to DDOS this producer.

I think when people start name calling it loses credibility. I definitely see your point that a bad business owner will fail on their own without your help.

I would add that I feel free to comment on the quality of what’s in the bottle. I have no hesitancy to call it as I see it, even when someone makes flawed or barely drinkable wine. That’s information that should be shared.

Thanks for coming on and stating your side of the case - it always helps to hear 2 sides to the story.

1 Like

I had some AWFUL non-alcoholic wine recently. It tasted like straight vinegar and a splash of maybe crystal light. It has very high reviews online, but I kept it to myself because I’m not the target demographic and I don’t think it’s fair for someone who has no need for non-alcoholic substitutes when I’m perfectly fine having a soda or whatever if need be.

I bet that would work out great for him. [rofl.gif]

Reviews that stick to facts and timelines are best. Actually I think that both complainant Glenn and vendor Maurine end up looking poorly in this public airing of their dispute.

I ended up making 3 orders from WineSlash.
All 3 were flawless.
Thank you Maurine for participating! It is nice to know who I am doing business with.

Mr. Glenn, thanks for chiming in. I made first order with Maurine this morning, directly as a result of her brilliant response to your petulant post.

The reverse Uno card is strong in this thread.

2 Likes

There are always three sides to the story.

Hopefully a good story of making a positive out of a negative. Nice job Maurine laying out the situation from your perspective.

I’ve ordered from them 3 times. No issues at all — very smooth with shipping and good pricing. Like all these types of sites it’s a bit hit or miss on selection, but when something comes across that is tempting I wouldn’t hesitate to order again

I too have ordered from wineslash in the past, Probably a couple of orders at the most with no complaints. I do Check the site almost daily looking for “new arrivals” so to speak.

Carry on….

So, Mike…we’ve been told they “go cheap” when shipping. How’d you get yours shipped? Pony Express or Wagon Train…both highly regarded shippers.

Tom