Wines that make you go "hmmmm..."

Hi Russell, cool project! I looked at what I could without Instagram (yeah… I’m not on IG) and I’m curious about your Feral Factor :slight_smile:. You’ve got a few producers I’m familiar with. How would you “ferally” rate the following:

• Meinklang Grüner

• Envinate Albahra

• Claus Preisinger Zweigelt

• L’Octavin Hip Hip Jura

I think you might even have a “zero” on that site (Champagne Laherte et Frères) but who can fault you for having those! That factor is a very fun idea. Kudos and I’ll swing by if we make it to Bordeaux this summer.

Hi Phil, well in order:

2 (The Muscat, Gamay and Grenache are 3)

Yes we have all our Champagnes at 1 - Charles Dufour, Tim Stroebel and Laherte - the Laherte are all brut nature so maybe 0.5 rounded up.

:wink:

We’d be glad to host any beserkers - a bit of notice and we will make sure some bottles are open.

2 Likes

Sharing great Cru Beaujolais with friends and neighbors into the bigger Cali Pinots.

“Try this, you’re gonna love it.”

As they discover the Lapierre, Foillard, et al in their glass is, A. kinda light, but B. not a Burgundy, and C. isn’t even Pinot Noir; they give the hmmmm look, and say something nice while thinking, “this wine is not very good, but he obviously really likes it and I don’t want to be rude,” finish it off asap and get back to the Belle Gloss (not that there’s anything wrong with that).

Every time. It’s like Charlie Brown with the football.