Wines are no longer free to travel across state lines

1. yes
  2. no, don’t be ridiculous. Your conspiracy theory on why we move things is inaccurate. I don’t know why this thread was originally moved instead of just deleting the offending posts, but it was and that’s done with. It’s now been cleaned up and re-merged here.
  3. not what happened here.

Ok but conspiracy theory?? WTH??

Can I ship a case of wine from Oregon to a friend in Illinois for Christmas assuming no money changed hands, and expect no issues ? Any suggestions who might be best shipping wine from Oregon to Illinois? No retail, no business, just person to person

In short, negative. Assuming you do not possess an alcohol shipping license.

[scratch.gif] Huh?

This is a wine forum.

1 - you buy wine

2 - you can’t ship it

Political? [beatoff.gif]

Of course it is.
It’s about contributions the wholesale trade gives to politicians. But if you’re a winelover, you should care about this. Unless you work for a wholesaler or some business interest that wants to limit your choices and collect the difference. [crazy2.gif]

Does anyone know if either FedEx or UPS is accepting wine shipments to Hawaii?

Just found out that K and L is using GSO to ship into Washington State. I’ll let you know how that turns out.

You might want to delete that post just so no one sees it and decides to crack down.

So I deleted my post. I’m not sure why.

Congratulations. After your PMs to me you are now only the second person I’ve ever put on my ignore list.

It’s a pleasure. I do what I can.

And, after our PMs, I’m grateful to you. :slight_smile:

And this is why we shouldn’t be posting about specific retail shops shipping to specific states:

We have a crappy Constitution (here in Australia) in a lot of ways, trying to bring together arguing separate colonies who couldn’t even agree on a common rail gauge. So it entrenches many of the worst aspects of the Westminster system, and it makes all kinds of horrible splits about which government is responsible for what. And there’s no bill of rights, and sundry other flaws.
But at least we have Section 92, which states, in a nutshell, “Trade shall be free as between the states” and my goodness, hasn’t that helped the cause of everyone.
With the result I can log on to any Australian winery website, order myself a case of anything, and have it here in my office in Sydney, for $0-$20/doz, in about a week.
Bliss!
cheers,
Graeme

I’m afraid you are correct in this prediction.