Winery suggestions for upcoming Santa Barbara & Paso trip

Any thoughts on Gelfand in Paso? It looks like we will be there on one of the 3 weeks per year that they are open to the public.

Big Pinots are like great Grenaches. Seek both my friend.

I was in Santa Barbara last week and now in Paso.

Tercero for sure.

Ben Silver in SB.

Holus Bolus in Lompoc.

Imagine in Buellton.

We are headed to Santa Ynez that same weekend with a bunch of couples so always good to see everyone’s recommendations! I know we will be stopping by Zaca Mesa and Tercero for sure when we go through Los Olivos!

++++++1

Did just this a few weeks ago and had an absolute blast. What TOP are doing is pretty spectacular.

In general, we found the rest of Tin City pretty forgettable, excluding a banging Sauvignon Blanc @ Desperada.

Sans Liege had some cool stuff but despite being more budget friendly it still felt too expensive.

The cider place was honestly quite bad, but then I’m English so I know what it should actually taste like.

Aside from TOP, I came away thinking we should not have put all our eggs in one basket for the sake of convenience - I think we missed out on a lot of very impressive stuff around PR because we thought Tin City would be a good solution to doing a lot conveniently.

We had dinner in Paso at Hatch, and that was really bloody good. Corkage waived I think.

If it fits your travel, Domaine de le Cote makes superb pinot noir.

Loring and dragonette

Hit the Lompoc wine ghetto and stop into Arcadian.
There are a bunch right in that area so you don’t need to drive around.
And I do recommend you stop by Tercero.
Most of the other recommendations are fine as well.