Wineries to visit in or near McMinnville?

Hi Tom,
I am based in McMinnville but also host tastings at the winery space I share in Amity. To the winery is about 12 minutes drive South. I would gladly find time to host you in McMinnville if more convenient.

Feel free to drop me a line: will@violinwine.com

The recs are good and true with respect to timing to Dundee and/or Ribbon Ridge. Hi-fi in Mac is wonderful and the Martin Woods wines are great. Third Street Flats will treat you well, I used to live in one of the studios back before they were turned into short term rentals.

Have fun

Cheers

1 Like

I tasted at the Martin Woods winery so I didn’t actually taste at the bar. I was told, and you can kind of tell from the web site, that they do Martin Woods tastings by day, appointments preferred, and then it becomes a wine bar by night with a nice selection of wines, local and international.

1 Like

My advice: Take Will up on his offer. You won’t be disappointed!!!

2 Likes

Violin, Vincent, Championship Bottle, and Evesham Wood are a great day and all located near each other and about 20 minutes from McMinnville.

Thanks for the responses everyone. I did visit McMinnville this past weekend. 3rd Street Flats was an awesome place to stay. Really good meals at La Rambla, 1882 Grille, Community Plate and a killer breakfast at The Diner just outside of town. This trip was winery light but had super visits at Brittan and Violin. I blogged about the visit to Brittan yesterday and will about Violin later in the week. If you want to read about Brittan: A Visit to Brittan Vineyards in McMinnville | Zinfandel Chronicles

Thanks again.

Tom

Antica Terra is not far away.

Highly recommend connecting with Will Hamilton of Violin.

Will poured six Violin wines for me including the 2019 Pinot Noir Willamette Valley, 2019 Pinot Noir Sojeau Vineyard, 2018 Pinot Noir Justice Vineyard, 2018 Pinot Noir Polk County Cuvee, 2019 Chardonnay Willamette Valley and 2019 Chardonnay Sojeau Vineyard. The highlights for me were the 2019 Sojeau, 2018 Justice and 2018 Polk County Cuvee. I did not take formal notes as I was having too much fun listening to Will evangelize on his mission and Willamette Valley Pinot Noir. All three wines, though, were clearly in the 92-94 point range for me. It merits mention that both the Willamette Valley Pinot Noir and Chardonnay are incredible deals at the $30 price point.

Full blog post on Zinfandel Chronicles - https://zinfandelchronicles.com/2021/12/a-visit-with-will-hamilton-of-violin-wine/

Tom

Highly recommend connecting with Will Hamilton of Violin.

Will poured six Violin wines for me including the 2019 Pinot Noir Willamette Valley, 2019 Pinot Noir Sojeau Vineyard, 2018 Pinot Noir Justice Vineyard, 2018 Pinot Noir Polk County Cuvee, 2019 Chardonnay Willamette Valley and 2019 Chardonnay Sojeau Vineyard. The highlights for me were the 2019 Sojeau, 2018 Justice and 2018 Polk County Cuvee. I did not take formal notes as I was having too much fun listening to Will evangelize on his mission and Willamette Valley Pinot Noir. All three wines, though, were clearly in the 92-94 point range for me. It merits mention that both the Willamette Valley Pinot Noir and Chardonnay are incredible deals at the $30 price point.

Full blog post on Zinfandel Chronicles - A Visit with Will Hamilton of Violin Wine | Zinfandel Chronicles

Tom