Wineberskers First Dallas Pizza Offline--03/20/2009

We land at DFW at noon. If anyone is free to be with us or show us your lovely city before pizza O/L please let us know.

Are pizzas bigger in Tejas?

Wrong OL thread…but we’ll forgive you.

To point 1a…what lovely city are you wanting to see? Point 1b…I am taking the day off and can get y’all at the airport.

Point 2…everything is bigger in Tejas.

See yall on Friday. bill…you gonna bring my wine?

Yessirree.

Did I read somewhere along the way this starts at 8PM?

fyi…I had something pop up that could prevent me from making this but I think I can get around it and might actually be one heavy if I make it. I think my wife Cynthia might be able to make it if it’s an 8PM start. I’ll let you know ASAP.

8PM is the plan. No worries on being plus one.

On call this w/e, so I’ll miss it. You guys enjoy! I’ll try and swing by for some mineral water if I get free, but I wouldn’t count on it for a Friday night.

You need a new job.

My wife Cynthia and I will both be able to make it so please save us two seats. I was planning on bringing a 2005 Castello della Sala (Antinori) Cervaro della Sala Umbria IGT to start things off or perhaps to pair up with one of their white pizzas and probably a 2005 Giacomo Conterno Barbera d’Alba Cascina Francia for a red if that’s cool with everybody.

Sounds good. I’ll bring a 2006 Corra Sauvignon Blanc for a nice white to start. Changed my mind on the red…I’ll bring a 1997 Solengo.

Bill…whats the situation on glassware?

I have us covered. I am sure that McNiff and Dulworth will be bringing their own as they know the scene at Campania.

Yep, definitely bringing my own set of stems and a double hinge.

looking forward to this! i’m going to pop that bruno rocca before work and pick up an indigenous italian white i’ve never heard of at work and get it cold [berserker.gif]

BTW McNiff…look for a Grizzly Adams type guy that is big and I’ll be wearing my Lunatic hat from Luna Family Vineyards. Both our SO’s are blonde. And we will probably have the best wine in the place.

As long as I beat Dan there he’s covered. I can recognize him. Now you two manly men is a different story. [rofl.gif]

Sounds like the table will be hard to miss, especially in uptown [cheers.gif]

I tried to call and reserve a table, but they don’t do that on Fri and Sat night. Said something about a deposit of $20 a person to hold a table, but couldn’t guarantee time. If anyone can get there a bit earlier to get in the queue, it would be appreciated.

I’ll leave as soon as the wife gets home from work. Probably no earlier than 7PM though.

How many are we? 8?

Yup…eight of us. I’ll do my best to make 730 for arrival there.