Wine Travelogue: My Trip To The Mosel

Hope you didn’t drink one of the Doctor wines :wink:

What did you end up having? Glad I can enable other people’s habits.

Wrong time zone. Only 3pm here. Yet to decide! :wink:

Nice report; thanks for posting. I made several of the same stops a few years back. My visit to Grunhaus was a little like yours. We made an appointment, but were late because the tasting at Karthauserhof ran so long and we couldn’t let them know because we didn’t have cell service. Thankfully when we got there Carl von Schubert was still there and he showed us around the property and the cellars. He then had to run and couldn’t taste with us, so we went to the tasting room with a staffer. He was a little less enthusiastic and was just kind of going through the motions. There was no organized tasting, he just asked what we wanted to try. We tried a couple and bought a couple but there was no line-up of sorts. Nevertheless, still a great visit. I could see it being a little disappointing if it was only that.

Yea it was a very quick visit. We just stumbled upon someone, no tour or anything.

Well I went for a 97 Muller Spatlese. It was good but not as good as others recently.

Thanks again for the post

Thanks.

Wonderful notes and pictures!

Bump, Thanks for the great notes. Looks like acquiring some of these in the US would be challenging. certainly peaked my interest

I can tell you all the winemakers we visited get some sort of U.S. exposure (Mullen only gets imported by Fass Selections). But yes, several individual wines are tough to find stateside.

Thanks for sharing the notes and photos. I think I need to revisit some of these producer’s wines and rethink some of my prejudices against the varietal.