Wine Transport While Flying question.

Yeah I always get dents going through the airports in Brazil, first bag completely broken. And yes Rio’s always some good fun, will be heading back in a few weeks. Bringing wine to bbq’s always a bit different.

I have seen and done quite a bit of testing on thermal properties of wine in shippers, Wine Checks, other wine cases, and you have nothing to worry about unless you have it sit on a 100 plus degree tarmac for an extended period of time, as in more than 40 minutes.

Those ‘chill packs’ don’t do much at all, FYI. True thermal protection comes from much thicker and denser ice packs and reflective protection.

You’ll be fine.

1 Like

My wine check has been with me thru Europe and some rather tropical bits of Asia. Everything will be fine :slight_smile:

Same here, I’ve taken wine in the Wine Check or, before I had one, just in styro shipper boxes on the plane (without chilling wine or putting ice packs inside) many times to many places, including hot season in tropical places (e.g. Naples Florida in August several times), and it’s always been just fine.

Any thought why this wouldn’t work?

1 Like

That should work.

When I fly with wine I don’t bother with the suitcase. I just put it in a regular cardboard box with a styro shipper insert. Depending on how much extra space each bottle has I may also wrap in bubble wrap or paper.

Thanks gentlemen, I actually bought the suitacase at goodwill for $5. Don’t plan on bringing it back. Just thought it would make it so much easier to wheel the box every step of the way.

1 Like

The biggest mistake you can make regarding traveling with wine is . . . not to travel with wine because you’re afraid.

Bring it, enjoy it, once you’ve done it a few times you’ll realize it’s great.

1 Like

Absolutely. I’ve even shipped wine to hotels.

I just always wanted to try this disposable suitcase scenario. I’ve always received the stink eye after trips back to the cosmo with 8+ bottles in a whiskey/wine case.

I still may make a trip there but now I’ll have stealth transport back to the room as well :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

Other than the weight/potential extra cost (which I’m sure would still be worth it)…i don’t see why not! Well played my man!

I dig it. May take this approach on a trip to Todos Santos this fall.