Wine shops DC/Alexandria area

Enforcement of VA protectionist laws have mostly stopped being enforced. It used to be that coming into Dulles, if you had more than 3 liters of wine, they frequently charged you with tax because of the VA wine industry (it was an absurdly small amount). They’ve long since stopped being interested. I very much doubt that any police would be following a VA plate from the middle of the district (where CW, Macarthur, Weygandt, Schneiders, the place you might buy from all are). And they really don’t enforce these laws.

“Well if I were you, I sure wouldn’t break any laws now, especially not after I had been on a “Real Names” bulletin board asking these questions”

Good point. Maryland had an anto shipping fanatic running the alcohol unit in the late-90’s early 2000’s who perused boards looking for something to get people on. He was a real *$$hole.

Yeah, that sounds like precisely the sort of location which might not have a permanent liquor license, and for which someone would need to get a temporary license:

Get a Virginia ABC Banquet License

Weddings – American Horticultural Society

Not with almost 3000 posts on this board.

But I do have to throw in a good word for that 2015 vintage [from the point of view of what I’m seeing down here].

At $250 per case, you’re looking at about $20 a bottle, and 2015 was such a spectacular year throughout so many of the “minor” regions in Europe, that I would want to know what kinds of “minor-league” 2015s were still available in the pipeline.

Meaning that the Minor Leagues were so spectacular in 2015, that I wouldn’t bother giving the Majors [Bordeaux, Bourgogne Rouge, Barolo, Barbaresco, Brunello] even the slightest consideration.

In particular, the 2015 Languedocs & 2015 Chiantis are, far and away, the best wines from those respective regions that I’ve ever tasted [and I’ve had the good fortune to have sampled a bunch of the 2015s in the last year].

Also, the Loire was supposed to have been fantastic in both 2015 & 2016 [although we don’t see much Loire-ish wine around here anymore, so I don’t get a chance to taste them].

Finally, always go very heavy on the bubblies [relative to the still wines] - wedding parties guzzle down the bubblies like fish drink water.

So if it were I, then I’d probably be looking at something like

PURE FRANCE
2015/2016 Muscadet Sevre et Maine sur lie [~8 bottles]
2015 Languedoc Rouge [~16 bottles]
Cremant de Bourgogne [~24 bottles]

-or-

PURE ITALY
Prosecco [~24 bottles]
2015 Chianti [~16 bottles]
Moscato d’Asti [~8 bottles]

Congratulations on your niece’s wedding Peter.

I thought I’d bought enough Champagne to take home a case or two after my daughter’s wedding 2 weeks ago. At the end of the evening, there was half of a bottle left. I did end up with a mixed case of unopened bottles of gin, rye, and tequila.