Wine searcher

The subscription is not expensive.
Ross–easy money for me to spend every year for the extra info.
[cheers.gif]

Hi Scott, Thanks. This year, PRO is more expensive in Europe as the’s now a 20% tax /VAT on digital services; the UK press call it “The Netflix tax”.
We’re currently updating the ‘price’ and ‘availability’ Alerts feature. Happy to hear what you think.

No problem Ross. We have our own line of communications to Jonathan Cato who confirmed as much. No problem, I know how that goes when developing software. Cheers!

Wine-Searcher has just gone live with a trial to the way prices are shown. Search results now display a per-bottle-price for a case where the store tells us the # of bottles per case.
Best value prices will always be at the top of results. Trial is only for wine and not for spirits at this point.

PRO accounts can choose to sort by ‘price’ or ‘price-per-750ml’.

100%.

Talk about something that pays for itself!

I’ve had countless happy endings thanks to Wine Searcher.

Amazing.

There are similar sites for Hi Fi gear…I love this type of service.

Thanks Ross. Btw I noticed the new “sort by 750” feature. I like it, thanks!

Sadly though, the (UK) prices that are sorted still include different degrees of paying tax, so the ranking is of little relevance. I can go through the list substracting or adding the 20% and/or duty of course, but IMO that is a job for software.

Instant feedback: cool feature, nice that you can toggle between bottle/case prices. But, intermixing the case and bottle prices makes it more difficult to figure pricing, and a little visually unappealing. Presumably, the rationale is to let customers know that you have to purchase by the case. Suggestion would be to have some marking or text to indicate that (e.g., under the “bottle” label to the left of the price, display “Case only” or something like that).

Eric must be in on it.

[foilhat.gif]

I don’t disagree. Work is in progress to address this.

Hi Alan, thx for the feedback. Appreciated. FYI, the filter “Bottle size: cases” under the main search bar can be used to find only cases. To the left of the price, we do try and give the unit size eg “Case of X bottes”.

Is anybody else having trouble today? I keep getting error 503, I’m trying to search some wine here don’t they know this is an emergency?

Just ran into the same issue

Yes it has been going on for about 7 hours. I notified them.

yeah, it’s been wonky all day for me

You seem to have been wavering in your adherence to slowing down purchases. I asked to help you out a bit…

According to wine searcher the issue has been resolved.

Have slowed waaaaaaaayyy down, but haven’t stopped. The moratorium (cessation) was about recent vintage reds