Wine pairing (non whites) with raw oysters

How about a skin contact Pinot Gris or Ramato. Haven’t tried this but will this summer.

Lambrusco di Sorbara !?

I tried with few sauternes and it was good.

A pink one would meet the criteria, and the last 3 of these I’ve had were Rose Lambruscos and were very delicious (2 were different bottlings from the same producer, Paltrinieri). I personally think a red Lambrusco would be just as horrible as most any other red wine paired with oysters, although I guess the bubbles would give it an edge over something like Beaujolais…

The problem with the OP’s question is that it’s tough to answer. White wine and oysters (especially Chablis, Muscadet, Champagne, and Sancerre) is widely accepted to be a perfect match. So the question is sort of like “If you couldn’t have pepperoni or mushrooms on your pizza, which brand of peanut butter would you have instead?”

Another vote for sake. In Japan, I’ve had oysters grilled over charcoal with the sake poured into the shell before slurping down the oyster. Fabulous.

Yum!

I’d pick a nice dry sake.

Indeed. On the project list for this summer.
Massive thread drift alert… This reminds me of when I was a kid hitch hiking in France (skipping a lot of detail, for brevity) was lucky to get a short private tour of the cellar at Yquem, and a few barrel samples. The lady taking me round asked what I’d drink Yquem with; after I gave the stock answers, she proposed lamb. She had no English so we were speaking in French. To this day I’m not sure if this was her little joke at a scruffy English tourist or not. It’s never quite made it to the top of my list. I have had so few bottles of Yquem I’ve been reluctant to try an experiment. I don’t suppose anyone has heard of this or done it? I just can’t see it myself.

This seems to be an historic pairing. I come across references to how 19th century French (and others) drank Sauternes with oysters now and then, but they are never primary sources, so I do not know if this is true or an urban legend. Maybe someone here knows more.