Wine Glasses for Rental Cabin

Buy the vacation house, but rent the glassware.

$9.99 for 12 pieces

Rented a house in Santa Rosa/Miramar Beach for the week. Thankful for the host to have stocked a Restaurant Ouverture Riedel red wine glass. Also have Nachtmann glassware that seem similar to a Zalto or Gabriel Glass.

Now if only I’d brought my wine with me on the plane or if I could find a decent wine shop here…

To be self-promoting, we have a new ‘tasting room’ glass which is handblown, but far more durable (more glass), it’s a hybrid between our 1855 and Liberté stem. 6 packs are $90.00 all in.

Nachtmann does have a similar glass to Zalto, but I feel their size and replica of the design but with far more glass (machine vs. hand blown) makes them quite heavy and ungainly. My $.02 and an obviously not impartial $.02 which I acknowledge.

Can you post a picture of both, Chris?
Can we put them in the standard home dishwasher? Thanks.

Costco, Reidel special design. Cost is less than $3 each and the Berserkers at my house this past weekend did not complain, and you know how they are experts at that.

[media]https://www.ispot.tv/ad/w0Sa/homeadvisor-good-contractors[/media]

[wow.gif]

Carlton, will figure out a photo post later tonight -yes, dishwasher safe. they were designed specifically for the rigors and abuse a restaurant/tasting room/country club would expose them to…

2590F31D-560E-4C85-B226-40699804664F.jpeg

Not an answer to the question, but a fun story - we stayed together with some dear friends, also wine lovers, at a rental apartment in Kyoto, and brought along some great bottles. The glasses were inadequate, so we purchased a box of Riedel stems at Takashimaya. The glasses now live in the owner’s office and are placed in the apartment for us every time we return. Now that’s great service.

Funny, we stay in an airbnb apartment in Hawaii. They have not so good glasses, so we bring a pair of Ridge Monte Bello etched glasses each year and leave them. When we come back most are still there.