Wine consumption a defense against opioid addiction?

I dunno, I needed an extra glass last night to nurse my aching wrist. No pain meds. Pain meds are bad MOJO.

Make sure not to hold the stem on the aching wrist side!

I think he should change stems, this sounds like a repetitive stress injury.

Maybe drink with your ‘off’ hand? [cheers.gif]

[quoteI think he should change stems, this sounds like a repetitive stress injury.

Maybe drink with your ‘off’ hand? ][/quote] NO pain no gain. My physical therapist told me to work on the injured side with more reps as it will strengthen it over time! champagne.gif

You have exceeded your quota of offhand remarks this week.

I’m a little confused by the idea that the wine/opioid addiction correlation is actually a socio-economic relation. Please feel free to correct me, but my impression of the opioid epidemic was always that it was highly unusual in that due to opioids being spread by prescriptions and medical drugs not exactly being cheap, it was an unusual crisis in that it was spreading uncontrollably throughout the middle to upper middle to upper socio-economic classes – the same classes that would be into wine. I find it very informational to know that at least in the US the opioid prescription rate is inverse to the wine consumption rate but I am highly skeptical that social economics explains it away. Can anyone give me a bit more insight into this?

I don’t know about ya’ll, but I don’t know anyone who is an opioid addict, but nearly everyone I know drinks wine.
There, that proves it.

relevant xkcd:

Big +1 on both books. And if you are one who can tolerate Joe Rogan, this is a good talk:

The negative correlation gets stronger when looking at first growth Bordeaux consumption, but reverses with DRC consumption.

For those that can’t tolerate Rogan, you can listen to the Tim Ferriss podcast interview too:

(quoted photos/videos removed to keep the thread clean)

TW

Wasted 2 minutes I’ll never get back🙈

It took you two minutes to read this thread?

I’m old! neener

Opioid addiction and overdoses in the US tends to be among the white working class, particularly in rural areas

One of my greatest regrets about our planned move to desk hoteling next year is that I won’t be able to keep that cartoon on my wall anymore.

The main aim of sharing office desks is the elimination of irreverent desk cartoons.

A Rumpole reference! I didn’t realize John Mortimer was a thing in the US <3