Why doesn't Cabernet Sauvignon impress me...ever?

Maybe a new wine, say less than 10 years old? Or, (gasp) a new release or one that is only a couple years old?

That said, if you don’t like Cab then who cares. You’re probably better off :slight_smile:

Mark

I feel like there are lots of people with pretty sophisticated palates who like Burgundy and/or Barolo but rarely drink Bordeaux or Cabernet based wines, so it seems perfectly reasonable.

Dan, how is your palate regarding wines higher in tannins?

Larry, this is really the reasoning behind it. All of my friends who care about wine are into cabs in one of their forms, whether it be the Cali stuff or

So we can calibrate better, what wines have made you say wow?
[/quote]

A great number of wines. An 1994 Barolo (forget producer), Bonacorssi Etna Crucimonaci, a 1999 Alsace Grand Cru Pinot Gris (unknown producer), a 2010 Knez Cerise PN, a 2009 Huet Le Haut Lieu Sec, many champagnes, many rieslings, a Theirry Germain francs de pied 2011, a 2000 Andre Brunel CDP, many an hermitage, many Cote roties, Sandhi chardonnays, ceritas chardonnays, Hirsch Pinots, witching Stick Cerise PN, many burgundy reds and whites…Porter creek Carignan… so a lot of different stuff.

But to reiterate: I have really liked many Cab based wines. Just never made the hair stand up on the back of my neck.
[/quote]

I was trying to see if I could find a pattern of what you like - you know, richer, more elegant, higher or lower acidity, etc. But don’t anything obvious. Seems to be a wide range of wines.

tell your father’s friends I don’t like DRC.