Why are there not more Washington State Wine Makers/Owners on this board?

I agree Grenache is a very difficult sell these days.

They released the Old Goat. Just sayin’… is there a better cab, maybe, but nothing close to it and at $58.

https://www.jbneufeld.com/Wines

2 Likes

I completely agree, and because I already have my order in am happy to post so publicly!

Try the Yakima Valley and like it. Will have to seek out some Old Goat.

1 Like

Good chance to snag some perfectly-aged WA wines from a very good winery: Buty Winery (Walla Walla) is doing a library blowout sale. There’s 26 pages of inventory going back to the early 2000s, and the savings are pretty remarkable. Shipping included on case purchases. https://www.butywinery.com/Wine-Store/Library-Door

Went to WW and Woodenville for the first time a couple of weeks ago and came away very impressed with both. Wine is being made very successfully in various styles. Great people too. I look forward to getting back.

1 Like

This is a great opportunity to pick up some very good white BDX-style and they’ve got vintages going back to 2005 for a steal. We had the 2010 a few weeks ago at a BDX-white style tasting and it was very good, having held up very well and taking on secondary characteristics as expected. I recommend. Cheers

1 Like

Good call. The Buty version, along with the DeLille Chaleur Estate Blanc are great renditions of their Bdx cousins and do age well indeed.

I have a few if you want some.

Thank you for pointing this out. A big ole no brainer purchase. Aged vertical on the white Bdx, at silly prices, and a chance to also try some aged red wine from great vineyards like Cailloux, Champoux, and Boushey. I’m guessing my only regret here will be not buying a lot more…

yes!

First post, but I had never heard of this website until Erica Orr (Orr Wines) told me about it. Little late to the conversation. As the winemaker for Andrew Will wines I’m always interested in people’s thoughts on the WA wine industry!

11 Likes

This is a nice thread to resurrect. Always interested to learn more about WA wine!

1 Like

Welcome aboard Will.

@tpetty

There is a pretty good run of TNs going over here…

Future first time drinker here.

Any thoughts on when I should open a '17 horizontal of Champoux, Ciel du Cheval, and Two Blondes?

Welcome to the board, Will. Berserkers benefit from winemakers’ presence, and some winemakers build a good network of supporters here, too. Hope it works for you.

Portlander here. Where are you based, and do you take visitors?

I’m guessing you picked that 3 pack up from Last Bottle? I’m thinking at least another year for for all three. I kinda think 2017 as a vintage is going to be good ageing vintage. But since all three wines have a majority of Merlot, they will drink well now. I think the 2018 Ciel and 2018 Two Blondes are drinking really well already.

1 Like

We are based on Vashon Island, WA. We do not have a tasting room though. We only sell direct through our website and through wholesale. That being said we have distribution in over 35+ states, so you should be able to find the wine around the country.

1 Like

Thanks! Just here to help spread Washington State wine knowledge to anyone interested!

1 Like

Just crushed an Entiat Rocky Reach Syrah with friends over Turkish food.

Delicious

1 Like