Who Likes St Aubin?

Alex Gambal makes a pretty tasty one also

From 2014 onwards Ramonet is also making a Remilly and a Murgers des Dents de Chien. Both are lovely

I’ve also enjoyed the recent vintages of MDDDC from Jean Chartron (the domaine has significantly upped its game in the last 5-6 years) as well as his other lesser St Aubins

Dare I say it, given elevage and premox concerns, but a LeMoine MDDDC 2010 drunk earlier this year was magnificent and still very young

If ever there was a poster child for the beneficial effects of generational change and global warming, it’s St Aubin.

I too like St-Aubin. Most of the ones I’ve had here in Manila are by Lamy & Marc Colin; but, recently, the 2014 JC Ramonet St-Aubin 1er Cru Murgers des Dents de Chien. Very nice.

yes yes!

Thanks for all the replies. I will try to find a few of these.

Colin (many vineyards) and Ramonet are equally fine …

1 Like

Kermit Lynch recently picked up the Laure portfolio. Domaine Larue | Our Wines | Kermit Lynch Wine Merchant I have tried a couple and they are good. Paul Pillot’s Charmois and Pitangerets are as well. Bachelet-Monnot’s En Remilly is really good. Prudhon’s En Remilly and Chateniere for under $40 remain bargains. This, Santenay and even Maranges is now THE place to look for good, affordable white Burgundies.

No, but I have had the 15 Le Banc. It is a very big wine. Rich and intense right now.

jean claude bachelet makes several quite decent saint aubin bottlings and is perhaps a bit less hyped than what has already been mentioned.

Lots of people like it. That’s the problem.

Young Lamy Remilly and Murgers are extremely delicious and a few years ago they were priced very low. Also the Derrière chez Edouard “Haute Densité”, which is now prohobitively expensive
However, I have had premoxed older bottles, so no reason to wait to long

we recently tasted en Remilly from Marc Colin and Didier Larue from 2010. The Larue was hands easily the better wine of the two, more complex and more potential. I think Larue is one of the 3 top winemakers in Saint Aubin (together with Colin Morey and Lamy)

I’ve had some premox with Lamy, never tasted Larue… But Colin Morey rocks in Saint Aubin 1er Cru, that can even compete with Village Puligny or Chassagne!!

Thanks for the heads up Kristof, have never tasted (or seen) Larue.

me too
Don hang out soon.

Had a 2011 PYCM en Remilly last night and it was pretty awesome. Maybe still a bit young, but I am not complaining. I loved the wine.

+1 on OP!

I’ve been buying PYCM en Remilly for ten plus years and every bottle has been excellent.

Just adding to the chorus of lover of St. Aubin, PYCM and Lamy in particular. +1 for Alex Gambal’s Dog’s Teeth though, it’s excellent. In Canada, these are already at or close to lower-end Grand Cru Chablis in pricing.

sante, Don

Mike

Anyone try/have thoughts on the '15 Pierre-Yves Colin Morey Saint-Aubin 1er Cru Perrieres 2015?