Who is the Biggest Oversize Bottle Offender?

Opened a bottle of Merus that felt huge! Should have weighed it.

Oh my goodness, I thought I was just imagining it – turns out all my shuffling around in the racks for Corison bottles were for good reason.

For domestic offenders, I nominate Schrader, Carter and SQN. No just due to ridiculous length and width (insert joke here) but because of the obscene weight of the glass. What’s the deal? Are they meant to be used as weapons?

For other offenders, PYCM, Ponsot, J. Prieur and all the Special Club bottles are tough to deal with. But they’re so good it’s hard to be mad.

Bottles need to be extra large to accommodate the newest douchenozzles.

Champagne itself needs an extra thick bottle because of the pressure inside, although the Special Club bottles are silly fatbottom. For still wines, it’s just dumb.

Bottle weight, like it or not, is a serious contributing factor to wine sales at the retail level.

Taittinger is also bad. Not sure about whether Dom is as bad.

Dom is moderately bad. The vintage Taittingers are a royal pain.

some robert craig, rudd cab, delectus cj.

Neal, I cannot make the damn things last long enough in my cellar to justify the big racks. I really want some though!

Kirk Venge’s new Pinot project Croix? Saw the bottles today, swear the bottom of the bottle was the biggest I’ve seen thus far but could also have been a long day.

Does anybody remember Hollywood and Vine? Also bergström Pinot?