White Daily Drinkers - Opinions Please!

So I just moved into my new house last week and unpacked all of my wine, and came to the realization that I have almost zero good white daily drinkers. As much as I would love to, can’t open an Aubert every day [basic-smile.gif] So, lets say I wanted to buy a half a case each of a couple of good daily whites - what is everyone drinking? Burgs, Loire, Cali, no prejudice at all. Figure $10-$25. Thanks!

Muscadet! Peppierre or Luneau Papin although there are other very good producers as well.

Lots of German Kabinett in that range - Donnhoff, Selbach-Oster, Leitz, Clusserath, Grunhaus, Zilliken.
For drier Rieslings, look up the entry level trockens and feinherbs from Ulli Stein, Van Volxem’s basic Saar Riesling and Peter Lauer’s Senior.

Oh, and get Francois Pinon’s Vouvray Tradition.

Catena Chard

Navarro - Dry Gewurtz, Muscat, Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Gris.

http://www.navarrowine.com/main.php

+1
Plus Gruner

Cheers
Rip

Tablas Creek EDB blanc

Look out for this one: “Côté Est,” VdP des Côtes Catalanes, Maison Lafage.

An Eric Solomon/European Cellars import, about $12 retail. Unusual blend: 50% Grenache Blanc, 30% Chardonnay, 20% Marsanne. Crisp, lip-smacking, and juicy.

+1

Quite a few good choices:

Chardonnay
Bourgogne HCdB or HCdN Blanc
Rully or other Cote Chalonnaise

Chenin
Savennieres
Dry Vouvray

Riesling
As mentioned above, lots of QmP wines available
Australia (Western, Clare/Eden Valleys in South Australia)

Also, Australian Semillon!

Sauvignon Blanc
Lots of Loire options

+++++

That’s something I need to buy/drink a bunch more of… though the next time we catch up, I will be cracking open a bottle of Tyrrell’s Vat 1.

Bisson Prosecco.

Chateau la Bastide Picpoul…under $10.

Eric Solomon’s Sitios de Bodega 100% Verdejo (the blend is pretty good as well) very old vines, organic, hand-harvested, crackling acidity in 09, great fruit and minerality–delicious, and $12 a bottle or less.

Lately I’ve been enjoying Faiveley’s Macon Village @ around $18 here in HI. Probably cheaper on the mainland.

DR L
Drouhin Rully
Drouhin St Veran

Have to confess to liking NZ SB in that price range. Good acidity and food-friendliness.

Also, would you allow rose in this category? Lots of very decent examples…Bedrock and Cep are house favorites.

I’ve really been enjoying the '09 Cameron Dundee Hills Chard at ~$20/bottle.

Within the $10 to $25 range, suggest German Riesling (Trocken). So many great choices at very reasonable prices. If patient and do some searching, could probably find some good Chablis as well. Don’t drink a lot of Sparking, but find good value in California. Remember tasting a Mumm Rose for $11 a bottle that was very tasty.

So many good recommendations here that much of what I was thinking is already posted.

But that said, if I was just laying in some daily drinkers I would buy a case each of the following (all less - often well less - than $25):

2009 Pepiere Muscadet Clos des Briords
2007 Trimbach Pinot Blanc
2008 Navarro Gewurztraminer
2008 Drouhin St. Veran
2009 Selbach-Oster Zeltinger Himmelreich Riesling Kabinett Halbtrocken
2009 Schloss Gobelsburg Gruner Veltliner ‘Gobelsburger’

Or something like that…