Which Wine Are You Opening For Easter Dinner?

2013 Sine Qua Non …and an eight track Rose. Served with porchetta, roasted fingerling potatoes, asparagus with buttermilk/dill dressing, deviled eggs and buttermilk biscuits.

This was a serious rose. Light, translucent color as expected. But bold flavors with palpable tannins and long finish. Very nice wine.

2012 Reynvaan Stonessence and 2012 Rudius Panek with leg of lamb roast. Can’t wait… Cheers!

Went with a 16 Carter OG

Tonight will be ginger scallion lobster over yee mein noodles. Thinking of opening a 2011 Lafarge Meursault unless anyone thinks that would be a bad pairing (and can propose an alternate).

Edit: the Meursault was corked, so I pivoted to a 2013 Haart Ohligsberger GG. Good, but I feel like the Meursault would have been the better pairing.

I made a wild boar Osso Bucco that I’ll be pairing with a 1999 Musar. The last time I had the '99 Musar was after my wedding. I’m looking forward to checking in on this wine. I’ve loved getting to watch this wine evolve over the past 13-14 years.

Went with a 2012 Cirq Treehouse along with a ham for lunch.

2017 Williams Selyem Sonoma coast Pinot with lasagna, polenta and pulled lamb leg.

09 Bachelet Gevrey-Chambertin 1er ‘Les Corbeaux’ -Young but proper and delicious. Excellent pairing for wood grilled rack of lamb.

I made a spatchcocked roast turkey. I waffled on a red and since it was too late to decant, I opened up a 2012 Guigal Condrieu La Doriane. Mostly cause I feel that aged Viognier is one of the best matches with roasted turkey.

Had withe a dinner of lamb kabob, twice baked potato, roasted asparagus and glazed carrots

NV Bollinger Champagne Special Cuvée Brut - France, Champagne (4/12/2020)
Bought in 2016. Time has been beneficial, rounding out the edges, bringing more balance. There is an added depth to the wine that wasn’t there a couple of years ago. Brioche and lemon curd notes. It made me a fan! (93 pts.)

1995 Joseph Phelps Insignia - USA, California, Napa Valley (4/12/2020)
The best bottle so far of a 5 bottle auction lot. Balanced, with rich dark fruit shining thru. This is definitely at its peak and wouldn’t wait any longer to open. Glorious example of California Bordeaux meritage. (94 pts.)

2010 Ladera Cabernet Sauvignon Reserve - USA, California, Napa Valley, Howell Mountain (4/12/2020)
This is finally starting to come around but still a baby. Ill probably wait another 5 to 7 years for my last bottle. Mixed emotions about this wine. Some have been a “meh” experience not worthy of the price or “reserve” label but others like this are everything I hope for. (92 pts.)

2015 Château Climens - France, Bordeaux, Sauternais, Barsac (4/12/2020)
Young but very nice. Not cloying or overtly sweet. Stone fruit with melon. I’m thinking this will be great in 5 to 10 years and will earn another 2 to 3 points. (92 pts.)[/list]

Posted from CellarTracker

1982 Ch. Potensac

1986 Montrose

W/ Herb-crusted bone-in leg of lamb, smashed fingerlings and green beans sautéed with garlic

2009 Patricia Green Pinot Noir Etzel, with grilled chicken thighs.

The PNW is enjoying a summer preview. Since we can’t have the usual family dinner, we treated today as a spring bonus day. A great to be alive day.

Much fresher than you would expect from a warm year. Notes form citrus all the way through plum. Fit the circumstances perfectly.

Sandler 2017 Peterson Pinot Noir.
Delicious.

1983 Charles Noellat Nuit St. George a.c.

Lovely nose, mouth tight at first but opened with air. Not powerful, but not dead by any means.

I had leftover prime rib with the last of a bottle I’d opened more than a week before but preserved using a Repour stopper which worked extremely well.

2013 Ryme Pinot Noir Verse Las Brisas Vineyard - USA, California, Napa / Sonoma, Carneros (4/4/2020)
Pure slightly candied cherry with a dash of herbs and a mouth watering tartness on the finish, not terribly complex, but despite that it is very satisfying and hard to stop drinking. (90 pts.)

Pork Tenderloin on the grill, scalloped potatoes and our last 2005 Schrader CCS. Superb meal and wine!

Ed

Ham and potatoes for a late easter br/l-unch and filet for dinner. We had 02 and 85 dom here (why not?). Good stuff and happy Easter to all!

Prepared a boneless leg of lamb that we gnawed on all last week. Yesterday, Grilled bone-in Ribeyes with roasted brussel sprouts…and a Murray’s Cheese plate for dessert.

2002 Billiot Grand Cru Millesime Champagne - Light toast, mildly oxidative with pear/apple cider accents. Properly aged. Nice wine

2005 Vincent Girardin Clos de Vougeout - Neutral aged wood, rich earthy spice (nutmeg), some beef broth, iron and integrated supportive background fruit. Pleasing attack that dissipates slowly. Gentle acidity. Accessible tannins. Enjoyable soft finish. Darned tasty if you believe fruit shouldn’t get in the way of your aged Red Burg.

RT