Which red burg vintage (1999-2010) showing well now?

I mean, you probably shouldn’t be drinking 08 Roumier BM or something but she’s talking about 1er wines; I drank a 08 Lambrays a month or so ago that was great.

Another vote for 2001. Especially if you will have time to let bottles open up and evolve over a long dinner.

I have found that the 05 CdB reds other than lafarge and angerville have been drinking really well.

00, 07, 01, 02.

Definitely not 05 at 1er+. My 05 Bourgogne’s are young.

Virtually everything I have had from 2005 other than Bourgogne Rouge is too young.

We had the 05 Rossignol chevrets last spring which was spectacular and a few 05 Pousse were nice as well.

In a word, yes. It seems it would have to do with a higher percentage of clay in the soil. Producer notwithstanding, it’s not entirely surprising you enjoyed the Charmes and Combottes.

1 Like

vogue musigny and bonnes marres looks wonderful atm
0r

FYI, Maureen, there was another thread on the same topic starting a week ago with a poll: Which vintages of red Burgundy are you planning to open or would open (if you had them) this year?

1 Like
  1. 99’s and 02’s not ready for Prime time yet. 03 is a ripeness minefield.

2001 IMO

If you’re willing to go a year earlier 1998s have opened up again.

01/06/07 for good premier / grand cru

05 Savigny’s have been very nice, especially Bize and Pavelot.

2001 or 2002 would be my top picks. Many '06s are also showing well, but I think those older two are better.

It´s a different thing - when you enjoyed a bottle of 08 Lambrays … or to state: “08 is great atm …”

Most 08s? That would be (imho) a totally wrong impression.

I’ve had a number of other 08 that have been gold lately, that was only an example. The only ones I’ve noticed that clearly weren’t ready and shouldn’t have been opened were dujac cdlr and some angerville.

For premier cru, 1999 would seem a good bet. I’ve always thought 2002 has been a generous vintage. I’ve had a string of 2007s from Volnay that have been lovely. A recent 2007 Dujac Malconsorts on the other hand…well, I guess it’s in the name.

Well, here is the problem. Althoughy I have lots of 1999s (first great year after i went into private practice) and a good stash remaining of excellent 01s (although diminishing numbers of little wines), I am drinking with people who do not. And while my wine is in my cellar in my basement, my dinner companions’ wine is stored at Domaine. So we narrowed it to 2008 (I like the vintage in general) and 2002. So which array would you choose:

2002 - JJ Confuron CV, Grivot VR Beaux Monts, and Jadot GC CSJ

2008 - Ch de Chorey Beaune Cras, HN CV, and Bachelet Corbeaux or HN Murgers.

I’d go with one of the 02s; they’d probably all be at least good.

If it was my cellar, I would pull the 2002 Jadot GC CSJ. The wine’s in a good place and will show nicely.