Which Carlisle are you drinking?

In 2013 the same group mentioned above did a tasting of the Carlisle Vineyard, Montafi and Papera Zinfandels, 2005 through 2011. When asked for the favorite, the group of 12 split 4-4-4 with Mike casting the deciding votes for the Carlisle.

David

TN: 2005-2011 Carlisle Carlisle, Montafi, and Papera Zinfandels (long) - WINE TALK - WineBerserkers

3 Likes

Wow, awesome tasting David! Thanks for posting that link!

Kept it to 6 bottles. That’s essentially zero given my overall buying habits.

2 Likes

Mike Officer on latest Bedrock Wine Conversation podcast released today

6 Likes

Wow I know @Morgan_Twain-Peterson has been chasing him for a while to be on there. Will download and listen this afternoon!

2 Likes

Listened to the whole podcast today. Great to hear the rapport between MTP and Mike Officer. Would be cool if Mike could make a Ueberroth too :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Opened a 14 Rosella’s syrah last night. Decanted 3 hours. Tannins are resolved, an elegant syrah. Hard for me to pull out all of the individual characteristics without guessing. Definitely no chocolate cake. Not sure if these will get better with more time.

Great 2021 vintage reviews from Antonio Galloni for Carlisle!

I muled this down 3700 miles and my son pulled it for steak salads. His first real taste!

Hebrew please this was delicious. Wife & I nearly pulled blades as we were pouring our glasses. My favorite Papa’s, savory elements like soy and sweet Baker’s chocolate make love.

3 Likes