Which Burg would you go for? Daniel Rion '95 vs Domaine Fourrier '96

You will have your heart stolen by the Chave. The 99 is awesome

JM Fourrier father was no bad producer. A CSJ 1983 drunk last year was superb… this being said Beaumonts is a better terroir than Cherbaudes

I also like Beaux Monts a lot, and voted accordingly, but I will rank it below a couple of other Vineyards (Malconsorts, Gaudichots). I never tried the Cros Parantoux, alas, but that one might also be ranked above

Agreed but the son took over with the 1994 vintage.

He left in 2000; but already had, together with his wife, his own small production since 1990.

He made the 2000 vintage and was opening his own larger operation by March 2001 when I visited. A negotiant operation with his name. The things he made earlier (Patrice et Michele) were plots they owned as LMD says: Bourg Bon Batons and Chambolle-Cras (in the villages portion of that vineyard; I just had the 2001 this week, and it was superb; better than most 2001s I’ve had in recent years, which seemed tired).

Above, I said he left after the 2001 vintage, but I was wrong. He left before the growing season of 2001.

The “issue” with Cros P is that the winemaker, when it got its rep, was only one: Henri Jayer…so a bit of a chicken and egg analysis. The BM is the source of great wines from Rouget/Jayer; Madame LeRoy; Rion; Grivot…and others. So…there’s no chicken and egg there.

Interestingly, after WW II, both Cros P and the Rion plot in the BM (the “Hautes BM”) were both fallow; maybe also Jayer’s BM. Daniel Rion and Henri Jayer got together and blasted the vineyards back into use. The vineyards are neighbors, with the Brulees nearby too.

both Rouget´s and Meo´s Cros Parantoux are superb, definitely (in my humble opinion) on or above the level of Beaumonts.
Cros Parantoux is (afaic) no neighbour of Les Hautes Beaumonts - at least Aux Brulees is in between, and also a part of Veroilles ou Richebourgs, or Les Barreaux – and the whole Combe.

Between Beaumonts and Malconsorts which is better and why?

uh, very much depends on the producer, vintage. Leroy BM is top but very expensive, and BM has many fine producers. It is more minerally driven, stonier and with finesse. Malconsorts is meatier, fleshier, often more tannic and needs age. Best Malc. is imho Cathiard.
Hudelot-Noellat makes both - to compare - also Dujac.

both Rouget´s and Meo´s Cros Parantoux are superb, definitely (in my humble opinion) on or above the level of Beaumonts.

Still a chicken and egg issue, but…I don’t disagree.

Cros Parantoux is (afaic) no neighbour of Les Hautes Beaumonts - at least Aux Brulees is in between, and also a part of Veroilles ou Richebourgs, or Les Barreaux – and the whole Combe.

Well, when I last stood in the Hautes Beaumont, with Patrice Rion, a look down to the right resulted in a view of the bowl that contained the Brulees and the Cros Parantoux. I suppose there might be areas of the BM that aren’t neighbors exactly. But, the Hautes Beaux Monts is at the very top of the Beaux Monts AOC. I didn’t say they were “next door” neighbors, but…depends, again, on definitions, IMO.

If in good shape the pousse d’or will be the best of the burgs

I’d drink the burgs first, with food for sure. The Chave will possibly overwhelm the burgs. All will be lovely.

Well, your map is not very detailed, but even there one can see at least 200m distance between the closest rows of CP and BM. However neighbourhood is a question of definition. Is Malconsorts a neighbour of Romanee-Conti? (about the same distance).
But what is more important - and imo a reason for the differences in character between CR and BM - they are on different sides of the valley with different soil and different orientation.

I have the Rion - and it’s always drunk (twice in the last 3 years) reliably well…
I’ve probably 3 left from a case of 12…