Which Barolo/Barbaresco should I open?

Shawn, If those are your choices I’d agree with many that the Pio Cesare Barolo 2013 is your best bet. Both the 2012’s deserve time and are (in my opinion) most likely to be better wines in the long run. The Cavallotto is so tannic that I’d wait another 4-6 years or longer if possible. The Produttori would be my next choice…based on price more than anything else. To put it into perspective, I’m still not sure the 2006 Monprivato that I have is ready to be fully enjoyed. So that’s a wine I’d sit on until it’s at least 12-15 years or older from vintage. I’ve seen a lot of great reviews from the Congo, but knowing it from past vintage experience my guess is that it’s going to be a gem in another decade so I’d strongly encourage you to hold onto that as well.

Many thanks for your replies!
Based on a few of your responses and some Cellartracker feedback, I’m leaning towards the roagna 2012. That seems like it could be wonderful with a bit of air being a warmer vintage than 2013. I loved every 2013 I have drunk but they always showed better only at the end so maybe the cavallotto can wait. I’ve tried the Pio Cesare 2013 earlier this year and it was great but took a while to show its greatness. Will report back!
PS: I just realised that the prices for the Roagna Paje 2012 in Singapore [my hometown] are pretty okay since we have Cru World Wine - i realise that the price is even cheaper than what i paid previously! hmm. weird.

Opened the Roagna 2012. Excellent. TN here:

On the nose, roses, herbs, licorice, mint, Forest floor, some funky elements, a hint of vanilla, some animal funk. Great acidity and freshness.
On the palate, I got roses, red cherries, licorice, mint, some spices, good funk, a hint of candy, a hint of vanilla, with a rounded and smooth finish. Afterwards there was a hint of cola and stewed fruit with some candied fruit and licorice after a while. Quite elegant and opulent with a great weight of flavour especially on the mid palate. Lovely wine; one of the best Barbarescos I’ve drunk.

Thanks for responding back with your choice and result.
Cheerios