Where to store wine in Los Angeles?

Are there any good options in the Inland Empire and/or Palm Springs? Recently moved to Las Vegas and there is only one offsite storage place here and it isn’t great.

sounds like it’s time for you to buy some Eurocaves/Le Cache in your 500000sq ft vegas home

I store at The Wine Cellar in West LA. Pretty good experience so far - not the nicest building I have seen but it does the job.

I ended up going with the Wine Vault - cheap, close to me and yeah, the friendly people are a true bonus. I enjoy the elevator ride with Paul every time.

wonder how many of us on this board stored their bottles at wine vault…i bet we bumped into each other in the elevator and not knowing it… [cheers.gif]

with all the stories of wine storage employees stealing wine, why would anyone store at such a place where employees had access instead of a storage unit controlled just by the renter? I understand the convenience of having someone take in your wine but the risk . . .

I somehow failed to see any mention of K & L. I do better in these stores than anywhere else. Great selection and generally good prices and fairly helpful people.

That’s not what Wine Vault does. Wine Vault just has someone take you up to your floor on an elevator for security purposes. Only you can access your locker once you’re at your floor.

I like the security at mine. Two security codes - one to enter parking another to enter the facility. Finger print at the facility entrance. Your own lock at your unit.

that is perfect. Mine also (allegedly) is set so that if someone opens your locker when you haven’t buzzed in, mgt is notified. Don’t know if there are cameras also. Mine is at Savi Ranch in Yorba Linda.

Hi Glen - Welcome to the eastside. Glad you like the WV. I’ve been there for a long time and love the place. I’m in Atwater Village, happy to meet up sometime.

To update, chef Hung is no longer associated with the Greyhound team, at this time, they are only using the front half of the building to open the Greyhound II. I hope they open this summer.

I’m also in Silverlake so if anyone is interested in meeting up, send me a PM.

Also, I use The Cave Wine storage in Glendale.

I think that’s what we’ll end up doing. neener

Thanks for this thread guys- saved over $100 switching from Legend/Spectrum Cellars to Wine Vault (and doubled capacity)

Ideal55 in downtown LA is super high end.

How so?

If you want to go the opposite of high-end, I just opened up a smallish locker (9 case) 3x2 for $14 a month at Life Storage in Torrance. Not 24hr access but 5am - 11pm i think with keycodes into the facility and into the actual wine storage area. You then put on your own lock.

I didn’t find Ideal55 to be high end at all when I used them, though as I mentioned upthread, they were mostly fine. I’ve never been to the DTLA location, though.

The downtown location is in the old Wells Fargo bank vault. It was completely rebuild to accommodate temperature and humidity control, has Class A building security, secured access, secured parking, and easy access from the 110 freeway. You may encounter a zombie or two getting there though.

+1 on wine vault in glendale. been there for over 15 yrs