Where else does TCA appear?

Found a barrel last year with a TCA infected chestnut hoop.

Found a barrel last year with a TCA infected chestnut hoop.

was that tested? I’d want analytical data as proof to get my money back. :wink:

I’m not sure if it was tested, but the barrel was replaced very quickly by the sales rep.

Oof, just ruined the last few bites of my omelet, on family vacation in Glenwood Springs, with horrifically corked Tabasco Sauce. On the one hand I feel the right thing would be to suggest the staff retire this flawed bottle; but what are the chances that elicits anything beyond funny looks?

A few days ago, in Boulder, TCA claimed a bottle of Castell’in Villa Chianti.

I just had corked hot tea yesterday. The bags were not individually packaged and the cardboard box they came in was corked.

I didn’t realize it until I tasted the actual tea. ('Im sick so not much smelling ability.)

Tabasco as well. I’ve opened 3 corked bottles over the past few months. I wonder if they’re having an overall facility issue like some wineries have experienced? Just as a note, it was 3 of the very large bottles. A few smaller sized bottles were fine. So maybe it’s an issue with a shipment of those size bottles?

The SW corner of 1st and Main in downtown Portland is usually pretty corked.

TCA is like deadheads. Everywhere.

I’ve experienced corked barrels - but only on 2 occasions when I worked for someone else and in both cases, the barrels were over 10 years old . . .

Entire batches of particular New Glarus beer. Kegs, bottles, everything from that year and that batch.