When a $20 Stefania Haut Taube is preferred to a $300 bottle of Amarone

I bought a case of the '08 Stefania Haute Tubee from the last futures offer. It’s great stuff on it’s own or with BBQ, pizza, whatever. It’s one of our house wines.
[cheers.gif]

I usually don’t like to comment on threads about our wine unless there’s a specific questions. I don’t think Todd cares, but it always seems a bit too commercial for my tastes.

With that disclaimer though - Michael - The Spring release letter will go out on our about February 15th. There will be three wines - 08 Crimson Clover Vineyard Cab, 08 Santa Cruz Mountains Cab and the 09 Chaine d’Or Vineyard Chardonnay. Al is right, we are totally sold out of Haut Tubee and there won’t be more available until Fall 2011.

I did a series of blogs on the Haut Tubee, part 4 and ‘final’ are most relevant on how it comes together.

Stefania Wine: History of the Haut Tubee (Part 1)" onclick=“window.open(this.href);return false;
Stefania Wine: The Haut Tubee Finds a Home (Part 2)” onclick=“window.open(this.href);return false;
Stefania Wine: The Haut Tubee Gets a Name (Part 3)” onclick=“window.open(this.href);return false;
Stefania Wine: The Haut Tube Goes Mainstream (Part 4)” onclick=“window.open(this.href);return false;
Stefania Wine: The Haut Tubee Has a Plan (Final)” onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

That first paragraph was a joke, right?

Good for you.

Don’t be bashful about it, I’m not; and apparently neither are all the other ITBers with their blogs, wineries, etc. listed here.

:wink:

Tom - Nope it’s sincere. I belonged to wine forums (ws-ebob) well before I planted my first vines, I enjoy the communities and have made many fantastic friends. I think they loose something if they are too commercial and I don’t want to come across as pushing our wines. I’ll participate in discussions as a wine lover, but generally I prefer not to comment on my own wines unless asked.

Paul, ok, Tom

Paul, bummed to wait so long on the HT, but eager for the '08 cabs! Thanks for chiming in, really enjoying your wines, and perhaps the only new wine list I picked up last year while dropping many!