What's Your Opinion of ........ ?

So true! Thanks for setting me straight. And yes, CMC doesn’t adjust TA (to be clear).

I have not cold-stabilized in the past as I simply don’t have the equipment to glycol chill big tanks. Nor the space, or the money. So far, none have thrown diamonds except the newly released PicPoul, which puts out a tiny bit.

I’m on the fence on how to move forward - I don’t think crystals are a problem for wine people. But for regular customers I do think it can be a big deal. Especially in whites, where the crystals can look like small pieces of glass (in reds, we accept a little more grit as even non-wine people know they can have a little bit of sediment). As I said, I might add CMC (or whatever you want to call it - there are multiple brand names) in future releases, but also dislike to add stuff and certainly don’t want to dull or change any expression of the wine. I have to admit this is new territory for me and will have to do some more research and find what I is best for my wines. I’m not a dogmatic low-interventionist, but still like to keep things as un-manipulated as I can.

• ……

Crystals are no problem.

Tartrate precipitation tells me that the winery didn’t fuss with the wine too much. I don’t want to crunch them so try not to pour into my glass. I think Brian’s experience is pretty common…people think there’s something wrong with a wine that has crystals in it.

fred